The Expanse

Associate
while I thought the latest was V.good(s6e4) and I enjoyed it very much, I also can't help to feel that with such a short season it a bit of a wasted one as it didn't really move the story on that much

Man of Honour
Ep reminded me of the last season of GoT where they turned off fast travel and wasted so much time moving from point A to B. Any other season it's a solid 7/10 episode, knowing there's only 2 more episodes it felt a bit meh.

Also Drummer <3

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Cara Gee is fantastic in the roll of drummer. Perfect casting and has made the roll her own looking forward to what happens if it goes by the books ,:)

Soldato
Yep with the exception of Drummer it was a filler episode for me.
I would go further and say it was pretty much an empty episode. I know I've moaned about the complete lack of adherence to the books, but even if you accept they had to rewrite the whole thing to condense the story, deal with Cas Anwar getting disgraced, filming with Covid limitations etc., Ep4 just drifted along with no sense of direction at all. They only have six episodes in total and this to me was a complete waste of 45 minutes, numerous disjointed elements
like the brief scenes again on Laconia, the navel gazing on the Roci, Marco's posturing and Fillip blowing hot and cold
that came across as a series of separate short stories. I just hope they have a stroke of genius to knit the whole thing together in the remaining 90 minutes of screen time.

Wife just commented and I agree, that Season 1 - 3 were really the Expanse as envisaged from the novels. Season 4 wasn't too bad though the Bobby side story was a bit of a stretch. Season 5 it started to go downhill and sorry to say Season 6 is a thorough disappointment.

Soldato
Frustrating to see them building up the

Cara and Xan story

that's so prominent in books 7-9 when we're not going to see it...for a long time at least.

Back
Top Bottom