• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Soldato
Nvidia's share price has surged up nearly 20% today

the reason is Meta. Wells Fargo made a statement saying they believe Nvidia will have a big part to play in Zuckerberg's new Metaverse platform.

Nvidia has the head start in this area thanks to their Omniverse system and Nvidia is doing a conference on 10 November where Wells Fargo says Nvidia will be showing off how Omniverse will help Zuckerberg to build his Metaverse

Permabanned
Year over year Nvidia's revenue has gone up 68% whilst there expenses have only increased 9%. They must be getting a killer deal from Samsung to use that 8nm process to warrant results.

Yah, High GPU prices, profits gone up. That's the society we live in. Easier for the rich to get richer.:D

Man of Honour
OP
I have managed to avoid buying any GPUs for exactly a year today.

This is because of the lack of innovation and crazy high prices that NVidia is charging.

I have no desire to give them any more money than I need to.

Associate

This is because of the lack of innovation and crazy high prices that NVidia is charging.

Coming from you that's quite a demonstration of willpower! :p

Is this quarter the first one real one since the Ti models launched? The realignment of the MSRPs means that Nvidia is 'sharing' less of the price with their OEMs, distributors and retailers. Good for them, no good for us.

Soldato

Nvidia charge MSRP, it's the AIB partners/retailers that have added +50% (or more) price to MSRP

Caporegime
AMD say Xilinx acquisition remains on track to close by the end of the year, we are nearing the end of November, time is ticking AMD, are China being difficult?

Meanwhile AMD's shares hit $158 Today, that brings their market cap (Company Valuation) up to $193 Billion, Intel's Market Cap is at $205 Billion, if this keeps going like this at the end of this year AMD will be a more valuable company than Intel! Imagine that....

Back
Top Bottom