• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Soldato
Nvidia Q2 2022 results summary: 'we threw our core customer base under the bus in 2021 and we are now cutting prices like crazy to get them back'.

Soldato
Why can't i get decent AIB 3070 for under £600? that's about £100 over what they should be.

The biggest cuts seem to be at the top end for both Nvidia and amd, I haven't seen much cuts at mid range. It's the 6900xt, 3090ti, 3090, 3080ti and 3080 that have the cuts

The cheapest 6900xt I've come across so far was 650 pounds, cheapest 3080 also 650 pounds and cheapest 3090ti 1100 pounds

Soldato
I can't remember the last time I've read such overwhelmingly positive news. Could almost shed a single tear. :')

Definitely hoping for some decent value out of the 4000 series now.

Caporegime
I can't remember the last time I've read such overwhelmingly positive news. Could almost shed a single tear. :')

Definitely hoping for some decent value out of the 4000 series now.
I doubt Nvidia will reduce prices.... they certainly expected the crypto boom to never end though so likely have tons of cores they wish they didnt.
wouldn't suprise me if they would rather grind them to dust than sell them for a good price in some silly attempt to keep their "Premium brand"

Caporegime
Does no one at Nvidia understand Crypto mining?

The more the coin is mined the more the difficulty ramps up, it gets to the point where it doesn't matter how powerful and efficient your card is eventually it costs more to mine than its worth.

Crypto mining always has a finite life span.

Soldato

The more the coin is mined the more the difficulty ramps up, eventually it gets to the point where it doesn't matter how powerful and efficient your card is eventually it costs more to mine than its worth.

Impossible to have the hindsight when you're selling everything that you're making no matter the price earning record breaking cash.

Associate

The more the coin is mined the more the difficulty ramps up, it gets to the point where it doesn't matter how powerful and efficient your card is eventually it costs more to mine than its worth.

Plus, didn't they get into trouble the last time about misleading shareholders about their exposure? Might only have been a lawsuit though. Guess unless the regulators censor them, nothing happens. And even then, Musk seems to only ever get lightly slapped, so no wonder Nvidia's key people think they can say whatever the feel like!

Soldato
Nvidia Q2 FY23 results, revenue summary:
NVDA-Q2-FY23.jpg

Not great reading is it. Gaming doesn't surprise me but the almost flat growth in Data Center would worry me if I were a Nvidia investor given the margins involved.

Back
Top Bottom