** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! BenQ XL2730Z **

Associate
just to clarify what i meant by that Tweet, it was more that because Freesync drivers had not been released yet, the XL2730Z was a bit late coming to us and the review will take a few weeks to complete as a result (4 weeks estimated right now given other ongoing reviews also). AMD tell us the Freesync launch is still on target for 19th March 2015 :)

On the money.

Associate
Its a pity that its a TN panel however every thing else is going for it and although i have never owned one i would love to have a try of 144hz refresh rate screen for a butter smooth experience.Also the resolution is nice as i have heard the 2560 * 1440 is the best kind of configuration for a good image and good for productivity however this is obviously targeted and gamers and why not i want one.:p

Soldato
just to clarify what i meant by that Tweet, it was more that because Freesync drivers had not been released yet, the XL2730Z was a bit late coming to us and the review will take a few weeks to complete as a result (4 weeks estimated right now given other ongoing reviews also). AMD tell us the Freesync launch is still on target for 19th March 2015 :)

Look forward to it. :)

Soldato
So how are the blacks on this monitor once calibrated? and what about overall color? would love to hear from someone who has seen and used an IPS or similar panel before. Ty

Soldato
A guy on here said he bought his in store and it was setup next to an IPS and the only difference he noticed was the colour shift.

Well thats a good start i guess. Not conclussive but still a good start.. I might be tempted, im using an IPS right now and love the contrast, colors and black levels. My old TN had horrible strong blue light. It was either a someone what vibrant skull shattering picture(your eyes would melt in seconds causing headache :p) or a dull washed out but manageable to look at. I do miss the high refresh rate though..

Soldato
I've never used an IPS for long enough to compare but I'm extremely pleased with mine, the colours and black levels so far are ahead of my previous TN.

Awwsome, a m8 of mine just got his today, but talking to him is like talking to an overhyped squirl on a caffeine rush. Everything i ask him he replies with "ITS AWWSOME" .. basicly he is useless for information gathering hehe..

Back
Top Bottom