The First FrreSync monitor for sale now?

Soldato
OP
Err that makes no difference to me and imagine a lot of people I buy a monitor to use for a PC so as long as I can connect it that is all that matters to me. Display Port is perfectly fine for me.

It makes no difference if one thing costs more to build, is a better spec yet costs less to buy?

Soldato
OP
I think the next round of Nvidia cards, or maybe the ones after that looking at the timing will support FreeSync and Gsync will get dropped now we have an open standard. Unless Nvidia go for a second version of Gsync thats really low cost and can work along FreeSync I can't see how it can survive and turn a profit. Thats assuming FreeSync isn't total rubbish of course.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I want to order this right now.

But am I going to have to ship it off to upgrade it? Even the versions purchased right now?

I'd rather not, cost and downtime + risk of damage in transit etc etc. How long before these ship with the update if so?

Call Iiyama UK :)

Soldato
OP
i wonder if asus has any agreement with nvidia to only do g-sync
not saying they do but i wonder if they will bring out a freesync
i guess the same could go for benq ><

I would seriously doubt it. I don't anyone would be stupid enough to get to commit the company to a limited market based on propitiatory tech.

Soldato
OP
The question now is will this be the first FreeSync monitor, or will someone steal Iiyama/OcUK's thunder.

Plenty of Tech sites are calling BS on this already, and OcUK pulling the FreeSync details is backing that up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom