US: The Flash (2014)

Soldato
***BEWARE OF ANY POTENTIAL SPOILERS FROM ARROW!!!***

So in case some of you may or may not be aware...The Flash is looking to get back onto the small screen!

Played by Grant Gustin. The show is set to start production on its Pilot next week!! And we already have our first look at the character in costume!!!

theflash_cw_costume.jpg

There's a bigger version here if you wish to view in more detail!

Hopefully, the Pilot will impress people and the show will get a full series order sometime between May and July (look out for some comic-con footage hopefully!!). Which means it should kick off around about Sept/Oct 2014!!!

I could not be more excited about this!!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Smallville started off very slow for like 3 seasons maybe more but got better, some episodes were epic like Young Justice among others but there was a lot of guff as well.

I must admit I hold a small hope that one day they will make a grown up version, maybe called Metropolis, bit like Louis and Clark but not so camp and more Superman!... :)

Going back to this though, could be good.

It's spelled LOIS!! What is wrong with people?? :p

Also, they have and are doing a grown up version. It's called Man Of Steel with the sequel set to be released in 2016. ;)

Seriously tho, with Smallville. It had the opportunity to become Metropolis (there was even a poster revealed at Comic-Con in 2008 I believe). But they kept stalling and stalling in making him become Superman that by the time season 7 was done, it all went downhill (apart from season 9 which I found to be awesome!).

But I don't think we will see a TV version for at least another 10yrs. Or maybe longer.

Soldato
OP
Oops, that's was a typo CK not a misspelling! :(

Don't get me wrong CK I was a fan of Smallville and was very sad to see it go.

Ah no worries ;)

Yeah Smallville will be missed. But to be honest, Arrow along with The Flash, Gotham and Constantine will all be front and centre now! :D

Speaking of...Gotham will be on Mondays on FOX. The Flash will be on Tuesdays on The CW. Arrow on Wednesdays on The CW. Potentially iZombie will be on Thursdays on The CW and Constantine will be on Fridays on NBC. Potential 5 nights of DC Comics shows!! :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah its nice apart from the fact I have to wait even longer for the second episode :p

You going to do a review of it or wait until the actual pilot date? Quite enjoyed watching your reaction to the big things that happened in arrow.

Also

https://twitter.com/grantgust/status/481861237936889856

https://twitter.com/ColtonLHaynes/status/481859245059493888

Oh I will be reviewing The Flash (will wait til Oct tho to review the pilot) along with Arrow, Gotham and Constantine. Being the massive DC Comics fan that I am. ;)

And yeah even more pleased with the air dates as well.

Really enjoyed watching that pilot just now! And yeah it has the hallmarkings of Smallville. But let's hope it doesn't suck after season 3. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah yeah nice :) Constantine looks cool, looking forward to the zombie show too, forgot the name though.

I quite enjoyed smallville a lot more after season 6/7. I really enjoyed when there were a bunch of superheroes rather than just one. And it got a whole lot better with lana left. Though I never really got into comics too much.

iZombie. That's due to start probably around January 2015, I believe. Will be checking that one out too.

Soldato
OP
UK fans will be pleased to know that The Flash will be airing in the UK on Sky 1 HD. No actual air date as yet. But if it follows the same path of Arrow. Then it will likely start 2-3 weeks after the US.

Soldato
OP
Episode 8 of both The Flash and Arrow is a 2 hour crossover so pretty soon. They're planning on eventually doing their own Justice league thing with the shows so i imagine there will be plenty.

The same guy behind this and Arrow has just started on a Supergirl series too, dunno if it'll get crossovers though as CBS got that one.

CBS is owned by Warners, who also own The CW. So there is a chance of a crossover of all 3. :)

Soldato
OP
Last night's episode is based on The Flash New 52 comic book issues 3, 4 and 5. Which I thought was really cool!

The episode was damn good! I love the effects! Better than I expected them to be.

Back
Top Bottom