The Fountain Pen Thread

Soldato
Does anyone else really like fountain pens? I'm looking to get one as I am starting University next month, and I haven't owned one for a few years, so I'm a bit behind on the latest news.

Tips and reviews welcome :D.

Associate
My handwriting with a fountain pen was lovely when I was at school. My headteacher at primary used to insist that one lesson a week was used to practise such skills.

Years of computer use and a year of night shifts using pneumatic power tools wrecked all of that by my mid thirties :(.

Always had a soft spot for a Waterman as relatively affordable back in the day but always bought them as gifts, never got one for myself.

Commissario
I'm left-handed, so, no :cry:
Shouldn't stop you.

I have a couple of cheap but decent fountain pens that I enjoy using and there was some discussion about them in the items you've purchased thread last month. I'll throw this link out there again ;)

CEnqwM8.jpeg

Soldato
I think your writing style needs to suit a fountain pen.

I used to use a Parker 'vector' fountain pen all the time during school. Now I find thin fibre tip technical drawing pens suit the draw+mind map style of writing now and the majority of long drafts are written on computer.
I write a lot of notes when researching, and the Mrs brought a Mont Blanc 'Starwwalker' at xmas but at that price I don't want to damage it by leaving it around or writing notes. It's more for special writing.

Last edited:
Don
My OH practically hordes fountain pens (she owns 50 so far).

I'm only glad we don't live near London or every March I'd see my savings die with each Pen Show.

Top Bottom