The gaming music thread.

Permabanned
I have a love for games, but a bigger one for music, the music has to be what makes it come to life more so than just what is shown to you on a screen, vitality and life to the picture!

This is a PC gaming section, but I would hate if we limited it as such with music...

Not many games tie in such a theme well with music than these IMO.

This track is very bass heavy!

Last edited:
Associate
Xenon 2 on the Amiga.
This! and lets not forget another game with great music called Turrican :)
Xen-Tur-CD.jpg

Xen-Tur-CD1.jpg

Xen-Tur-CD2.jpg

Soldato
All music is the first thing I turn off in every game. I always find games far more atmospheric with music off. Sitting in a post apocalyptic wasteland with a backing orchestra... no thanks. The only game that got the concept of music right was Fallout, where you had the old classic music play through the in game pipboy.

Soldato
All music is the first thing I turn off in every game. I always find games far more atmospheric with music off. Sitting in a post apocalyptic wasteland with a backing orchestra... no thanks. The only game that got the concept of music right was Fallout, where you had the old classic music play through the in game pipboy.
Do you watch movies with the music turned down too?

Permabanned

Years ago when the music was a lot more basic..maybe I could agree? It plays such a huge part in it now though and the production values are so high. Witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion for instance, the music is integral to my favourite memories of those games.

Soldato
Do you watch movies with the music turned down too?

Man eats orange and is asked how he likes his apple. :rolleyes:

Movies are trying not trying to immerse you in a virtual world where you have to actually take control. In real life I do not have a backing track accompanying me every where I go. Or giving me some ******** eerie music when I am in virtual danger.

Comparing movies to video games is utterly pointless.

Permabanned
OP
Man eats orange and is asked how he likes his apple. :rolleyes:

Movies are trying not trying to immerse you in a virtual world where you have to actually take control. In real life I do not have a backing track accompanying me every where I go. Or giving me some ******** eerie music when I am in virtual danger.

Comparing movies to video games is utterly pointless.
Do you play games with stories?

Soldato
Years ago when the music was a lot more basic..maybe I could agree? It plays such a huge part in it now though and the production values are so high. Witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion for instance, the music is integral to my favourite memories of those games.

Lol at the irony. Both the games you quoted are very old games now. I don't care how great the music in games is, I play games to immerse myself in a virtual world and in real life there are no orchestras following you around to do a key change let you know you are in danger, or that the big castle you just spied in the distance should be revered in awe because they did a majestic trumpit solo.

You like music in games, great. I personally believe it is a waste of money that could be spent on better AI, or graphics.

Back
Top Bottom