The Gigabyte Aorus logo - wtf?

Associate
I recently upgraded to a Z370 board and grabbed a 1080ti back in November (when its price seemed silly but now looks clever!).

Both are Gigabyte Aorus branded, so the Aorus logo is fairly prominent in my windowed case.

I'm trying to make sense of it... I can see the falcon's head, but is it really supposed to be flexing a bicep? I can't make it out any other way ... Am I seeing it wrong?

The hardware is great, but wtf am I looking at?

:p

de18aw.jpg
[/IMG]
de18aw.jpg

Associate
OP
Well, the theory is that the brand is named after the ancient Egyptian god Horus, the falcon-headed god. Falcon head, human body. Makes sense therefore that it is supposed to be an avian head and beak and a big macho human arm flex. Much speed, moar powah ! component branding etc... I get it.

I just think it looks rubbish.

Shame as prey birds are cool as... without the gun show affixed. Ah well, worse things have happened :p

Soldato
I hate all this gamer brand nonsense I’m afraid, it’s plastered over everything from monitors to memory.

I’d like some class to my hideously expensive toys, not a giant eagle that would look at home in BroForce. A flexing wing bicep... seriously? And don’t even get me started on Acer ‘Tramp Stamp’ Predator.

Why is this tat is marketed to teenagers, if it can only be afforded by grown men?

I’d pay twice as much for a classy, adult design rather than a Power Rangers throwback.

/Rant Over

I’m not saying you’re silly or whatever to like it by the way, so please don’t think I’m having a pop.

Last edited:
Associate
Hawk with a broken neck perhaps?

Agree with the two posts above, “gamer” branded stuff is a pet hate of mine and unfortunately it’s everywhere!

Associate
OP
I hate all this gamer brand nonsense I’m afraid, it’s plastered over everything from monitors to memory.

I’d like some class to my hideously expensive toys, not a giant eagle that would look at home in BroForce. A flexing wing bicep... seriously? And don’t even get me started on Acer ‘Tramp Stamp’ Predator.

Why is this tat is marketed to teenagers, if itvcan only be afforded by grown men?

I’d pay twice as much for a classy, adult design rather than a Power Rangers throwback.

/Rant Over

I’m not saying you’re silly or whatever to like it by the way, so please don’t think I’m having s pop.

Haha. Top rant Sir.

I part agree, though my personality stocks a big kid together with the grumpy old man... If they took the silly flexing bicep off I'd be happy enough with the falcon/eagle.

Associate
I upgraded to the same gear you did a few days back - Aorus z370 mobo, Aorus GTX1080ti, all in an Aorus AC300w case. I dialled down the RGB lighting of all three to a static pale blue, and now the logo doesn't pull the eye away from the hardware.
REALLY glad I read this thread as a/ it's been bugging me where the "Aorus" word comes from (Hawk = Horus, oc!), and b/ without analysing it, I was assuming the lower part of the logo was the bottom jaw of the hawk... derp.

Soldato
I upgraded to the same gear you did a few days back - Aorus z370 mobo, Aorus GTX1080ti, all in an Aorus AC300w case. I dialled down the RGB lighting of all three to a static pale blue, and now the logo doesn't pull the eye away from the hardware.
REALLY glad I read this thread as a/ it's been bugging me where the "Aorus" word comes from (Hawk = Horus, oc!), and b/ without analysing it, I was assuming the lower part of the logo was the bottom jaw of the hawk... derp.

still think its got a hard on about being given RGB upgrade...

Associate
all i see is a bird of prey eagle or hawk. with its mouth open

500_F_198899599_wFK61wtCNiqEE798o2VV1XJWMiUb5Hkr.jpg

images.png

looks like they have done most of it with straight lines
honestly i think it looks good.

the English term is - would be

Back
Top Bottom