The Grand Tour

Soldato
Entertaining albeit really stupid episode. Clarkson's car made me cringe and May's was predictably rubbish - but that didn't stop me chuckling away!

Watching the race at the end... I now want to take my ST24 racing around a field before I scrap it. Looked fun :p

Soldato
All of them are great, *however* there is a very funny/cool bit in episode two that may be confusing to you if you haven't seen the Tom Cruise film "Edge of tomorrow" (hence some people not getting/liking it).

I had seen the film and still thought that bit was way too long. Other episodes have been great .

Loved how many people they potentially offended today

LGBT social justice warriors
Immigration sjws
Militant Vegans with Jeremy car
And eco warriors with the whole thing :p

Brilliant

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched last night, brilliant episode, i laughed all the way through, the dig about Chris evans, i missed though, (or heard but didn't put 2+2 together). Could someone remind me?
Completely missed it. Been a busy week and I'm knackered. That quip now makes a lot more sense! :D:o

Soldato
Got home from my christmas do last night and realised it had just become available, should have been going to sleep to get up for work, but spent so much time laughing I never fell asleep. Best episode so far in my eyes. Think this proves to me I like it when they are being idiots the most.

Soldato
Brilliant laughs so far in this episode

I love it when they do stuff with old cars, just need some long road trip with old cars

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a moan about the previous episodes but the latest two are more like it for me.

Hopefully they listen to the criticism and change for next season.

I don't like the American but it is global now and I never really liked the stig.

Man of Honour
They really need to bin that track and driver commentary. I appreciate this is now a global TV program and funded as such, but the track element is of interest to most viewers I would suggest and they should make it more consistent and use a proper track, maybe Oulton Park, Cadwell Park of even Brands Hatch. Somewhere proper that needs proper commitment and will test a modern car in an environment most will appreciate.

Dump the dead famous person, done once funny, now just stupid, predictable and unfunny. Each week pick a head to head of 3 cars as the main event also would be my preference, with some stupidity taking 2nd place not forming the basis of the program as I get that's 'their thing' now.

Soldato
They really need to bin that track and driver commentary. I appreciate this is now a global TV program and funded as such, but the track element is of interest to most viewers I would suggest and they should make it more consistent and use a proper track, maybe Oulton Park, Cadwell Park of even Brands Hatch. Somewhere proper that needs proper commitment and will test a modern car in an environment most will appreciate.

Dump the dead famous person, done once funny, now just stupid, predictable and unfunny. Each week pick a head to head of 3 cars as the main event also would be my preference, with some stupidity taking 2nd place not forming the basis of the program as I get that's 'their thing' now.

Agreed.....

Was a crap/worst episode apart from the 911/M4 section.....

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom