The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
Great episode, Ford GT40 vs Ferrari P3 segment was outstanding. Never knew the history of that era.

indeed an outstanding segment and a great episode( i vaguely knew about it and fords massive budget to beat them, but nice to get more detail), they seem to be getting better as the series progresses, still stuck with the 2 universally hated parts which hopefully they'll cut next season.

The problem with this programme is Amazon are clearly trying very hard to make it appeal to the USA and the American influence is slowly killing it. The humour is very over the top and not at all subtle. It's very fake.

Although Top Gear was staged the banter felt real where now it feels really obviously not genuine.

Watching the Africa Special today made me really see how much better Top Gear was than this.

Celebrity Braincrash is just awful and should be axed immediately. It's the exact same thing every week. James says exactly the same words!

well they were like mini specials like the cheap super cars to the lap dancing club, i think you forget how many average or worse episodes of TG there were, its just there were hundreads and its easy to pick out like a dozen plus very good ones. Most are not worth watching again.

Watched all the episodes so far. First one was very good but a trend is developing. Last night's epidodes was an absolute load of rubbish. James looked really uncomfortable at times. Clarkson playing around with condoms, well, need I saw more. The show is trying way too hard to be funny and quite frankly it isn't.

I skipped all the studio bits as I can't be assed to watch them squabble with each other.

The GT40 story was really good and interesting, that was about it for that episode.

The quality is heading downhill for me.......

Quite enjoyed this to start with but ep4/5 not that convincing:
-Not a lot happens overall
-Car battleships was a nice gimmick but once you've seen a couple of cars dropped you've seen it all, it really seemed to drag on too long as a segment so I just wanted it to be over so we could move on to the next thing.
-Doesn't seem to have enough cars
-Celebrity braincrash is boring, it's the sort of gag that you can do once or twice but now it is a complete waste of space, people moan about SIARC but at least there was some element of interest in that.

I think it worked better as an extended episode, first ep was like 70mins I think? At least then you have some time for some decent motoring journalism.

Overall given the budget and all-star cast it doesn't feel as far ahead of TG as it should be.

Need to spend a few minutes less in the studio and a bit more actually test driving and comparing cars, the GT40 bit was awesome. All in all I enjoyed.

Far too much Christmas condom and conversation street studio rubbish.

The actual car bits were good, especially James May's Le Mans segment.

The American track driver needs to go and so does the celebrity brain crash.

Scripting is a bit too much IMO but still the best car related show on the telly.

If you include YouTube which I suppose you can as it's online like Amazon then the mighty car mods and road kill are up there! Especially mighty car mods! Those guys are epic.

I think they're doing ok so far, given that the direction is clearly to find more global appeal at the expense of the Brits who think we own the exclusive rights on this. They're still finding their feet. The parts in the tent - filmed far more recently - are already changing and the pre-recorded overseas stuff is already up to the quality of the previous TG.

I'd really like to see a couple of specials episodes though. They can be hit and miss but the narrative and scenery are usually brilliant.

When you think how much the BBC failed to deliver just changed presenters and an identical format, they're doing pretty well so far. They'll only get better.

Back
Top Bottom