The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
What a great bit by May on the NSX! Then the whole bit gets ruined by the American...

Yeah agreed.

I have enjoyed have the 3 of them back, get rid of the yank, conversation street and the celebrity braincrash twaddle and it's good.

Enjoyed the bit with the Challenger 2, it's a bucket list dream of mine to go for a ride in one.

Man alive, I so want one of those new NSXs.

That American 'driver' is just an irritating **** though! I realise that they've already filmed all the segments for this season, but next season they seriously need to drop him for somebody else. What's Tiff up to these days?

I reckon May should've lit that second van up with the Scimitar's 30mm RARDEN too. Now that would've been something to see (and hear).

Last edited:
They don't need to drop Skinner. He's really good, and the NSX lap made it obvious he's trying (for the first time as it's wet). The onboard footage is clearly shot separately so he can concentrate for the actual lap, so it just ends up making him look slow/incompetent. Would rather just watch him do his stuff.

Something I've noticed though is the prevalence of guns this series. 9 episodes, and guns have featured in 4 of them. I think there's only about that many in the 20-odd seasons of Top Gear. Favouring American tastes?

They need to...

1: Drop skinner
2: Drop that track, move to Oulton/Cadwell
3: Stop the stupid special guest thing
4: Stop the forced banter
5: Provide at least 2 proper road tests per show
6: Stop the crude poo jokes, it's childish and doesn't fit the guys

That's my view.

So, being a bit slow I watched episode 1 last night and 2 this morning. Overall I'm not seeing how this is any better then the old TG. The jokes are still crap and the special guests 'being killed' was cringworthy. The second episode was even worse when they were redoing that training mission over and over again. I nearly turned it off.

Nice comparison between the 3 hyper hybrids though. That aston was a thing of beauty too.

The American has potential.

Does it improve???

Yes and no - there are worse bits but also better bits - the latest episode overall was a lot better IMO than any of those before it.

Something I've noticed though is the prevalence of guns this series. 9 episodes, and guns have featured in 4 of them. I think there's only about that many in the 20-odd seasons of Top Gear. Favouring American tastes?

They actually do a surprising amount with guns - I keep seeing old top gear videos on youtube of them shooting stuff up.

I think the whole series has been excellent apart from epp2, The thing that gets me is the amount of people that are slating it and saying it's terrible! the whole show is 7 episodes old and remember there were over 180 episodes of top gear and a lot of those were shocking and unmemorable , new shows take time to get a bit of traction and I have seen enough to tell me that this show is going to go from strength to strength.

Missed part 2 of the buggy tour, so just finished it before episode 7 shortly. May's gear knob shenanigans were a right laugh :p

Exactly. That was them being themselves and not forcing a laugh. When he bounced his **** shift off Jeremy's head as he tried to speed away. Could watch that bit on loop all day. :D:D:D:p:p

Could watch that bit on loop all day. :D:D:D:p:p

clarksondido.gif

Wife now wants the NSX in black.

If my experience of Brindley Honda in Cannock is anything to go by, they won't take you seriously. Birmingham Honda, different league however. Cannock was very much from the school of "these cars are not for you", sadly. Birmingham was how many sugars, can we wash your car, do you want your lawn mowed. Same brand, 2 miles apart experiences.

Back
Top Bottom