The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
If my experience of Brindley Honda in Cannock is anything to go by, they won't take you seriously. Birmingham Honda, different league however. Cannock was very much from the school of "these cars are not for you", sadly. Birmingham was how many sugars, can we wash your car, do you want your lawn mowed. Same brand, 2 miles apart experiences.

Do they have one at the show room?

Back to this program, thought the latest one suffered the same as the other ones. It feels as if it's lost its direction, is somewhat bereft of new ideas and is bobbling along hoping no-one notices. The stupid LR MG/Merc thing was a waste of 10 minutes. The NSX was OK as a review but the armoured car thing was rubbish and a clear example of my point of losing direction and ideas and I am a Naval history freak and this had guns in it and I like guns, even the titchy modern ones they fit to our Frigates & Destroyers.

Do they have one at the show room?

I am told that the only dealer with one in is in That London. Neither Birmingham or Cannock have one, I was told none of the dealers deal with them, they simply take names and pass them to Honda who take it from there. I have not had a call from Honda yet, I will update if/when I do.

clarksondido.gif

Yay. :D

How utterly pointless!

I'm assuming this is some sort of jab at the BBC.

It was really funny on the first episode - a sort of 'Great, the tedious celebrity section... oh, amusing!'. It would have been a great way to get rid of that sort of segment.

Why its become a regular thing I've no idea. It doesn't work.

[TW]Fox;30382317 said:
It was really funny on the first episode - a sort of 'Great, the tedious celebrity section... oh, amusing!'. It would have been a great way to get rid of that sort of segment.

Why its become a regular thing I've no idea. It doesn't work.

Yeah I was never a fan of the celebrity lap times. There was the odd occasion when they had genuinely funny or interesting person on (Slash when he told the story of stealing his famous top hat) but most of the time it was just Jeremy blowing smoke up their ass or them pimping their new album/film (which I guess is why they went on).

I don't really get the point of Conversation Corner either. Seems to be the news segment like they had on the old show, but no news?

The newest episode was pretty good, perhaps the best I've seen. A small bit of the old jokey Clarkson coming through I thought.

The last segment was good until they went too far and did the same thing three times. Then it got boring.

Overall pretty good but I'm still not a huge fan.

It feels more and more like they've stopped flogging the dead horse and have moved the carcass to the glue factory.

I think that's the way it feels, it just feels old, worn and tired. It has had quite a few decent bits not least the NSX, Le Mans and Mustang/Focus sections but a lot is just filler nonsense with little content or context. The SUV segment and alien invasion nonsense as evidenced in the last episode.

I have no doubt they will have a lot of great feedback to take into account of this season which will hopefully set it up for the future but atm there is not a lot to keep the audience interested. And still not enough cars for me, be it news, discussion or challenges of which there is plenty of in the world to base episodes on tbh.

The challenges were the best thing about old top gear, but there is only a certain amount of times they can race each other across europe or drive unsuitable cars over rough terrain.

Back
Top Bottom