The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
except BBC refused to change TG and TGT said before the series even started that this year would be a biy of an experiment and they would take feedback and improve it.

That might be the case with the silly things like Celebrity Braincrash and the like, but the show is still all about Jeremy, Richard and James who wont be changing anytime soon.

Also dont forget that Top Gear will need a new location soon which is bound to cause changes to the show as well.

Last edited:
why would you want to change those three

Is that a question?

There's a lot of comment in this thread about how it's not what it was. The scripting is more obvious than it was which tells you a lot. The chemistry is clearly not the same. It's turning into Last of the Summer Wine!

Like I said, I still enjoy both shows I just feel that these three may have already peaked.

scripting as nothing to do with chemistry, can easily change the scripting back.
its obviuse the chemsitry is still there, take the ***** gear knob sceen.

scripting as nothing to do with chemistry, can easily change the scripting back.

Change it back? They're trying to do exactly what they used to do (and they have the same people writing the script - Jeremy, Richard Porter - who I do actually quite respect) and it isnt working the same. It just seems to have run it's course. Previously the chemistry between them made it seem far less scripted (although of course it was scripted in exactly the same way).

no they arent, they have clearly changed, more moey, alowed to use edgier words etc, it is nothing that can be changed back. rofl.its just wether they isten, which as i said seeing their stance is far more likely than bbc.

Overall I think the show is good. They need to cut back on the "acting" a bit though and be more adhoc.

Also they should get rid of "the American", I find him a little dull. The celebrity deaths are sometimes funny, but the stuff around it should probably be replaced with something less repetitive.

That shot with the ***** was amazing though, I hope it wasn't set up :P

Last edited:
no they arent, they have clearly changed, more moey, alowed to use edgier words etc, it is nothing that can be changed back. rofl.its just wether they isten, which as i said seeing their stance is far more likely than bbc.

Less money and less swearing will not improve the scripting and the chemistry I dont think.

Change it back? They're trying to do exactly what they used to do (and they have the same people writing the script - Jeremy, Richard Porter - who I do actually quite respect) and it isnt working the same. It just seems to have run it's course. Previously the chemistry between them made it seem far less scripted (although of course it was scripted in exactly the same way).

I think the format is just tired tbh. The chemistry, whilst often amusing is far too predictable.

Todays episode was something id like to be a "staple" episode.

+A half decent section on the alfa by Jeremy
+The lap wasnt bad either with only a few small quips by the american
+The reef part was quite fun and watchable
+Some ok bants
+The Jessica comment :D

-The fake fight in the tent, first time was a bit boring, this time was just a waste of time
-Brain crash is really dragging on

Obviously doing a reef-style section for every episode isnt realistic, so another section like the alfa, or james section on ford the other week to fill that gap would round it up nicely I think.

Looks nice, except for the moustache grille :D

But I can't imagine the reliability nightmare that car is going to be!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom