The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
Its a ford. You can dress up a **** all you like, its still a **** with crap build quality.

German = built to last.

Had a friend who said this a couple of times about his Audi A3. Until the rear wiper packed up after a couple of years, and then the engine's cooling system failed just outside the 3 year warranty period. German cars no doubt feel very solid and luxurious, but in my opinion that's no guarantee of overall build quality or reliability.

I've enjoyed all the car stuff, but I've skipped through all the sit down talking parts, and whatever they do with star's. The car parts of the show are good, can't comment on all the rest >_<

Just had a look and you can fully spec out a Focus RS (Excluding premium colours) for £35,890 on the Ford site. I just don't understand why anybody would buy the Golf.

and you can get a focus st3 on drivethedeal for just 21-22k! 0% finance too at the moment.

Makes the golf look very expensive.

...and my god it has to be one of the dullest hot hatches to look at ever.

It felt like 3 mini episodes, rather than 1 final one.

The Dubai race was very much a 1 minute b-roll which they stretched to 5/6mins. Also they failed to go in to detail about the Nissan Patrol which would have given it a bit more meat than "lol it beat the Porsche... moving on".

Just had a look and you can fully spec out a Focus RS (Excluding premium colours) for £35,890 on the Ford site. I just don't understand why anybody would buy the Golf.

For the same reason why anybody buys a Golf over a Focus? The Golf is more expensive for every trim and engine combination.

Just as an example, the Focus interior is ugly.

Golf R is also the proper competitor to the RS.

Last edited:
It felt like 3 mini episodes, rather than 1 final one.

The Dubai race was very much a 1 minute b-roll which they stretched to 5/6mins. Also they failed to go in to detail about the Nissan Patrol which would have given it a bit more meat than "lol it beat the Porsche... moving on".

Yes, it didnt feel like it hung together as a single cohesive piece of work. I guess at the end of a season they just chucked together all the bits that were leftover. It's like eating leftovers out of the fridge.

This trailer dished out yesterday by the Been....

Actually looks like it might be good now that Evans isn't running it....

I think it's probably going to be a lost cause now. The BBC is going full on P.C these days, so there will be no humour.

Last edited:
Caught up on the last few episodes yesterday. That celebrity thing has to go, what a load of toss. Even during the last episode you could almost see James' face go "ffs, here we go again" when he did his routine "does that mean he's not coming on then?". That piece got very old very fast. As did the American. Get shot. What an irritating person. The drone bit in the beginning where it always falls out the sky is also meh but that's not really an issue. I like the little typos they have with the names in the intro. Some of the segments were great, some were crap, but for me at least the show really seemed to find its stride more towards the end, James and the winchers was fantastic, hilarious to watch as I suspect he really was fed up.

I hope they take the boatloads of feedback they've had to heart and learn from their mistakes. The show was entertaining but had loads of teething problems, but I think they're on the right track.

Roll on S2 :)

Back
Top Bottom