The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
For the same reason why anybody buys a Golf over a Focus? The Golf is more expensive for every trim and engine combination.

Just as an example, the Focus interior is ugly.

Golf R is also the proper competitor to the RS.

Personally I have nothing against the Focus but it just doesn't work for me dunno what it is while I feel at home in a Golf for whatever reason. Maybe because when I was learning to drive a good bit was in VWs who knows.

Current Focus is much nicer inside than it use to be, compared to older models, it's still a 7 year old platform that's about to be replaced. Golf GTi/R etc are just too plain and conservative... may as well buy the basic diesel to go back and forth to Sainsbury's ;)

Any RS gets you Performance Car Parking at Goodwood FOS, a GTi or any VW doesn't...nuff said. :p

My view.

Hammond a tool, 100% tool.
Clarkson the funny one, very predictable, but a character
May boring as **** but dry wit

Felt tired and forced, the spark has gone in my opinion. Think the BBC will hand them their ass moving forward. Stopped following all 3 on Twitter, nothing I wanted to listed to accept forced banter.

Tenner anyone?

Looking forward to the next TG far more than the next TGT.

Good in parts, studio stuff dire, I think the next series of TG arguably has more potential.

Tried to discuss TGT with a few prime account holding mates and all gave up on it a while back.

TG is on the Beeb and as a license fee payer I'll gladly watch it, I've seen nothing in TGT that makes me want to subscribe to Amazon.

Shame, promised so much more than it delivered for me.

I sub to prime for different reasons, so will continue to watch TGT. It had good parts and bad parts, next season will show if they have sat up and taken notice of criticism.

Same goes for TG, I pay for a licence (not that I want too) but this new series best be good, my only hope is CH really.

I enjoyed the last two episodes more than the rest of the season, but I do think we're sadly in the minority about direction. It is now an American show, designed to appeal to Amazon's largest market. Judging by what Jalopnik had to say about it I'd wager they've achieved their objective as their criticism was far less than ours.

Looking forward to TG now.

Thought TGT perfectly picked up from old TG in that it felt forced, boring and tired. There were some good moments but it mainly fairly tragic. Expect new TG will be more of the same. I'll keep watching both and taking the good bits from eact. At least Chris Evans has gone.

woppy101;30491794 said:
I for one think it's excellent and far better than the dros that TG served up last season and most probably this season coming

Me too. However i have a bit more hope for the next season of Top Gear seen as Chris Evans is gone.

I actually quite liked the bits with Matt Le Blanc in the last season and it looks like he will be the main host this time. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it much last season because of Evans.

Jono8;30492948 said:
Me too. However i have a bit more hope for the next season of Top Gear seen as Chris Evans is gone.

I actually quite liked the bits with Matt Le Blanc in the last season and it looks like he will be the main host this time. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it much last season because of Evans.

I found it hard to watch because of Le Blanc - so fake.

Back
Top Bottom