The Grand Tour

Caporegime
What was the point of Paris Hilton being in this episode? All she went on about was how her grandad had Rolls Royce golf carts and other non important stuff with the odd token "oh that's so cool" remark at things said by others.

Annoying!

What a thing to get wound up over.

:D

Caporegime
Finally! Exactly the sort of episode I most enjoyed from former TG, and also what I expected The Grand Tour to be all about, given the name.

The former TG only had around 10 specials in 181 episodes over 12 years, so it was never exactly a common happening.

New GT was never going to do more than that.

Soldato
The episode I've been waiting for. Simple for that Merc.
100%

The former TG only had around 10 specials in 181 episodes over 12 years, so it was never exactly a common happening.

New GT was never going to do more than that.

I didn't say it was common, I just enjoyed the specials more than the standard episodes. It's a shame it hasn't lived up to its name - the first series was almost there with the new place each week, but this time it's fallen down rather into 'yet another TG' with exactly the same stuff as they used to do, just renamed.

Hopefully future series will get to call them 'regulars' rather than 'specials', but I suspect not.

Caporegime
snip....

'yet another TG' with exactly the same stuff as they used to do, just renamed.

Exactly

That is spot on why Amazon hired most of the production crew and the presenters, that made Top Gear what it was.

No way on earth would they change a product that worked perfectly.

The name TGT was a mickey take, never meaning to say what the show is all about about.

Old TG averaged 5.2 (ish) million viewers per show, over it's 12 year run, the last two series of TG on BBC without the main three, have only managed around 3.5 million per show, Tg is not what it was without the people who made it what it was.

Amazon and the three presenters will stick to what they know works, and what 99% of people watching expect to see each week, no need to fix what isn't broken.

Soldato
What was the point of Paris Hilton being in this episode? All she went on about was how her grandad had Rolls Royce golf carts and other non important stuff with the odd token "oh that's so cool" remark at things said by others.

Annoying!

You should google 'boobs' at some point, they pretty good :p :D

She was just there for show......and to promo her dads golf business? lol

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Not too bad for a special episode.

Had it’s funny moments at times.

Overall much better than series 1. Felt more like the old TG.

Sad it’s finished.

Isnt there one next week? Only watched the first 5 mins of ep11 and clarkson mentioned that this is the last one of the series, however google says this
X65EyyY.png

Soldato
I'm sure at the start of s2 he said here's whats coming over the next 12 weeks but Amazon have removed new episode Friday from the tiles.

Wasn't the best special they've done but it had a moments that made me chuckle. The ending felt very abrupt.

Soldato
I liked the special. probably wouldn't have hurt to break it up with celebrity F-off or something, especially as it was 55 mins when some other shows have been over an hour.

Either way I enjoyed the majority of it. My reaction was similar to Clarksons the first time May hit the brakes :D

Man of Honour
Some great bits in it, but meh overall.
They actually seemed ***** off and annoyed (don't blame them)
No amazing scenery, and lack of local interaction.
They need to watch some of their old specials and see the mix they had.
Look at the belivia one, stunning scenery. Some extremely hard parts, some funny set ups. Etc.

Shame, I usually love the specials.

Soldato
I didn't enjoy the special. I wish they'd talk about the cars more and why they chose them. I've felt that minor details are overlooked in this show compared to when they were on tg.

Back
Top Bottom