Who is Better

• Messi

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 92 63.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
...why not? :p

Interesting Messi v Ronaldo debate on MNF by Nev and Carra.

I've always thought Messi is the more gifted technical player, but Ronaldo is more complete when you factor in the headers - which is a significant part of the game. Also worth adding Messi is a far better playmaker, so that may offset the headers.

If Ronaldo can somehow 'fix' Man Utd and get the league title back, at his age, where as Messi has gone for the easier ride (I know it's not quite that simple), I think it would end the debate in terms of achievements at least.

Man of Honour
OP
Just to add - we shouldn't be forgetting the likes of Maradona, but it's difficult to judge different eras. It's spooky how similar Messi is though in many ways.

Man of Honour
OP
My god, they’ve actually just debated the new fifa ratings for the two on MNF :cry:

Yeah I was surprised to see that as well :p

Edit ::

I thought the 'who would you bring off the bench' wasn't a great debate on MNF - it wouldn't be Messi or Ronaldo - it has to be Fellaini :D

Man of Honour
OP
That said, Messi every day of the week. He has blown my mind on so many occasions. Ronaldo impresses me in the way Djokovic does in tennis whereas Messi is like Federer. Just poetry in motion when he was at his peak.

Good analogy, I've often thought the same.

I'm not sure anyone can genuinely say either player is loads better than the other. I think there's the usual football bias at play there.

Man of Honour
OP
@BaZ87 we need a breakdown of the poll as I know this section is dominated by United fans. I bet only fez has voted Messi :p

Yeah but along the same lines, there's more anti-Utd fans than Utd fans and they are more likely to vote for Messi, especially now :p

I've yet to vote FYI

Man of Honour
OP
I'm pretty sure the vote against would be nowhere near as strong as the vote for based on his allegiances to your club. Other, much larger polls show pretty much the opposite of what we have above.

I couldn't honestly say. Most of the polls I've seen are 50/50 (give or take 5%) - which about sums everything up...

Back
Top Bottom