• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 960 Owners Thread

Soldato
Yes it's definitely not a card for those who always have to be on the bleeding edge every 6 months, it's more of a mainstream card I think, the workhorse of the range.

Soldato
As much as I deride this card it keeps winking at me as an interim upgrade for my 5850, as it's the only thing I'd feel comfortable plugging into my PSU which only has two 18a 12v rails. And I'm only playing at 1680x1050.

Then I look at the reviews and see how it's unspectacular even at this low res and I think I'll not bother.

Soldato
Finally got around to picking mine up from the DPD depot (miles away).

Excellent little card for the money, very impressive thermals and noise and more than enough for 1080p. Will do me for the next 12 months or so I reckon.

Soldato
Finally got around to picking mine up from the DPD depot (miles away).

Excellent little card for the money, very impressive thermals and noise and more than enough for 1080p. Will do me for the next 12 months or so I reckon.

Nice one, if I was on 1080P this would be my choice as well. Blinding lil card. Incredible considering how cheap it is. No noise and runs cool to. Weird how underrated these are imho.

I've got a Titan X but honestly this is still prob my fav GPU when you consider cost VS performance VS power use :D

Hopefully one day a X60 will be good enough for 1440P, so I don't need a bleeding edge card like the Titan X any more !!

Soldato
Here it is fitted

1eb9uh.jpg

Associate
Bought myself an EVGA SSC version recently, the £15 cash back and Witcher 3 deal made the card very reasonable in my eyes. Have yet to use it much but for a card to tide me over until DX12 and Freesync etc gets into full swing I am very happy. I read that you can get another 7 percent or so more fps by oc'ing above the factory OC so will give that a go soon.

All you Titan X owners are missing out!

Man of Honour
OP
Bought myself an EVGA SSC version recently, the £15 cash back and Witcher 3 deal made the card very reasonable in my eyes. Have yet to use it much but for a card to tide me over until DX12 and Freesync etc gets into full swing I am very happy. I read that you can get another 7 percent or so more fps by oc'ing above the factory OC so will give that a go soon.

Don't forget to post a pic so I can put you on the "The Roll of Honour".:)

:D:cool:

Back
Top Bottom