The Hangover Thread

Soldato
OP
BTW, apparently ibuprofen is better than paracetamol for drinkers because the latter also places a strain on the liver, which is the last thing you want to be doing when you're hammering the ale!

See I always thought the opposite (I am certainly not claiming I know anything really) but only basing it on I used to sit next to a guy at work who used to be a proper alchy, and he quit drinking completely and he said he couldnt take ibuprofen because it was an..... something 4 letters...... which stood for something...... but basically it was dangerous because of the danger to his already damaged liver, where as I have always heard paracetamol is the "safer" pain killer.

Listen I could be completely talking out of my backside, again, you will struggle to get any decent information about what are the best pain killers to take to cure a hangover because any medical person will simply tell you not to drink in the first place.

Soldato
OP
OK, I'll bite....number 9 'brown lumps in urine'. I've been battered many of times in my past but passing lumps isn't anything I've ever heard of before :eek:

It was only once, I was out with my brother in London, we had been drinking all day like since about 1pm as his long term partner her sisters husbad (yea whatever lol) has this barbeque every year because his brother died when he was quite young of some rare heart condition.

Anyway, long story short, drinking all day, got to like 1am or whatever, and we hit a McDonalds in Penge in south london, went absolutely mental and ate a ridiculous amount, passed out drunk. I think it dried me already dehydrated body out as when I woke up other then feeling pretty terrible my urine was like proper dark brown and I had these brown lumps come out.

Permabanned
See I always thought the opposite (I am certainly not claiming I know anything really) but only basing it on I used to sit next to a guy at work who used to be a proper alchy, and he quit drinking completely and he said he couldnt take ibuprofen because it was an..... something 4 letters...... which stood for something...... but basically it was dangerous because of the danger to his already damaged liver, where as I have always heard paracetamol is the "safer" pain killer.

Listen I could be completely talking out of my backside, again, you will struggle to get any decent information about what are the best pain killers to take to cure a hangover because any medical person will simply tell you not to drink in the first place.

NSAID? - non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Had a fair few 8s including one that seemed to last for 3 days lol :/ nowt higher tho
That one instance was an active day without food then out for a team meal, me mate accidentally ordered a starter for me instead of a main so I had 3 bottles of king cobra as my main.
That then proceeded to a mix of cocktails, shots, more beer and getting home at about 4am with no clue how I got home :(
Not my best of nights lol

What's with this brown lumps in urine :confused:

I've been quite a heavy drinker in the past and tried to minimise it but I've gradually crept back to drinking more than I should :(

Associate

https://metro.co.uk/2017/01/01/why-you-shouldnt-take-paracetamol-when-youre-hungover-6355066/

Soldato
Anyone else REALLY sensitive to alcohol and the sun as they've aged (36 now).

Whenever I go on holiday now I am fine the first day, sometimes the 2nd.... the 3rd and 4th are complete write-offs. First comes really bad emptying of the bottom, I have to go several times a day. The following day is sun stroke, feeling sick, nearly passing out. Can't eat anything. The following day is pain, bed ridden, kidneys ache.

After all that I am fine for the rest of the holiday, can eat and drink as much as I like.

EDIT: I'll add, I always make sure I drink plenty of bottled water on the first day in between beers to keep me hydrated. And continue this everyday.

Associate
For bad hangovers, paracetamol/codeine ideally 500/30x2, some bread and cheese and as much water as you can keep down. Back to bed for a couple of hours, job done.

Soldato
Anyone else REALLY sensitive to alcohol and the sun as they've aged (36 now).

Whenever I go on holiday now I am fine the first day, sometimes the 2nd.... the 3rd and 4th are complete write-offs. First comes really bad emptying of the bottom, I have to go several times a day. The following day is sun stroke, feeling sick, nearly passing out. Can't eat anything. The following day is pain, bed ridden, kidneys ache.

After all that I am fine for the rest of the holiday, can eat and drink as much as I like.

EDIT: I'll add, I always make sure I drink plenty of bottled water on the first day in between beers to keep me hydrated. And continue this everyday.

I've started taking rehydration tabs on holiday with me, they've been an absolute life saver. You can drink water all day but it still wont replace the lost electrolytes etc. from sweating or being flushed out from all the beers.

I usually take a couple of these with me and haven't really had any issues since - https://highfive.co.uk/products/zero

Soldato
OP
Yesterday, started drinking about 4pm, went right through till 1am.

I had:
2 Large Bottles of Cobra lager
3 Small bottles of Blue WKD
about 3 or 4 normal size 330ml bottles of Budweiser
1 can (330ml) of Sierra Nevada pale ale
About 200ml of Makers Mark 46 (47% abv)
About 100ml of Woodford Reserve (43% abv)

This morning I am on a max 3.

Wednesday night, I had 1 bottle of Budweiser and at the most 100ml of the makers mark, and the next day I felt rubbish, like a 5.

Yet other nights last week, drinking very similar amounts to Wednesday night, and felt fine the next day like a 1 or 0. I don't understand why this happens.

Capodecina
Soldato

I had:

Wednesday night, I had 1 bottle of Budweiser and at the most 100ml of the makers mark, and the next day I felt rubbish, like a 5.

Yet other nights last week, drinking very similar amounts to Wednesday night, and felt fine the next day like a 1 or 0. I don't understand why this happens.

Quality, not always quantity. Budweiser is dreadful.

I had just one bottle of Mythos one night and felt like **** the next morning. Never drinking that again. Ditto anything by Wychwood Brewery, I get a terrible headache the next morning even from one bottle of their stuff.

EDIT: Just seen you had Budweiser last night. In that case I don't understand it either :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, I'll bite....number 9 'brown lumps in urine'. I've been battered many of times in my past but passing lumps isn't anything I've ever heard of before :eek:

It's parts of the rusty bike chains that form in your nads if you haven't cranked one out in a while.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
I've started taking rehydration tabs on holiday with me, they've been an absolute life saver. You can drink water all day but it still wont replace the lost electrolytes etc. from sweating or being flushed out from all the beers.

I usually take a couple of these with me and haven't really had any issues since - https://highfive.co.uk/products/zero

This.
Hydration tablets or those dioralyte sachets before going to bed with some bread as well and at least a pint of water, doesn't stop it but helps keep it manageable the next day.

Associate

I had:

Not sure what I want to give you a hard time about Budweiser or WKD Blue...

Back
Top Bottom