The Happy thread - Positive posts only :-)

Soldato
Was having a clearout and found a lovely brand new pair of @Feek favourite trainers :D

kQFFRJG.jpg

XHfQXsk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My 13 year old daughter cracked a joke the other day that really tickled me. I'm starting back on the carnivore diet as its what works for me and was watching various videos on it where this particular creator made a comment about vegans trying to ban all meat. I made a throw away comment akin to " if they ban beef I'll have to start eating the vegans"

My daughter, without skipping a beat blurted out "well they wouldn't be very nutritious now, would they" and I just completely fell to pieces.

The kid has been through a hell of a lot in her short life, has lots of issues that cause a lot of stress which takes its toll and this was one of the rarest naturally funny and stress free moments I've had with her in a long time. It felt damn good.

Associate
Went to take the wife for a meal last night, meeting up with her brother-in-law and missus, my car wouldn't start. Dead battery.

Was running a bit late, so no time to wait for a taxi. Knocked on a neighbour's door and asked if he'd take us into town if I paid the petrol (10 minute journey). He said he'd be happy to help, but had been drinking so couldn't drive us.

"No problem", I said and went to walk away. At which point he said, "I can't drive you, but you can drive yourselves"; then threw me his car keys.

Wasn't expecting that. What a decent bloke.

(For those who are wondering, yes I do have "drive any car 3rd party" on my insurance. So niether of us were breaking the law :) )

Back
Top Bottom