The Happy thread - Positive posts only :-)

Soldato
I won an apple turnover on the Lidl app then found out it's vegan ,win win

IMG20240208110808.jpg

Associate
Found a mobile phone in the car park this morning, on the ramp out to the pavement. It was sitting in a stream as it was raining hard - almost submerged
Got to the office, dried it off but couldn't get past the screenlock
Eventually someone rang it and with a bit of to and fro, the owner got their phone back
Good deed for the day complete

Edit: Swindon has population of ~230k, and yet my wife knows the mother of the person who's phone it was

Last edited:
Soldato
Found a mobile phone in the car park this morning, on the ramp out to the pavement. It was sitting in a stream as it was raining hard - almost submerged
Eventually someone rang it and with a bit of to and fro, the owner got their phone back

yeah me and my ex found one on our Camino, it was easy to see whos it was as everyone walks in one direction and this couple came the other way looking frantic, they were very grateful.
my ex took mine by mistake last year but as i keep logged in to google on the phone i used that find my device feature on the laptop it was going down the a38 , pressed the alarm thing and she twigged and turned back

Soldato
There's an empty skip a few houses down from me and i have a load of old plasterboard been in the garage for ages.

Tonight is going to be a good night.
Oh they are handy aren't they I had an old TV set sitting around for months there was a very full skip in the industrial estate it was so heavy I couldn't even lift it over the lip just propped it up against it and they still took it. Happy days.

Associate

Edit: Swindon has population of ~230k, and yet my wife knows the mother of the person who's phone it was
Another update: About 10 minutes ago I got a £10 Greggs gift card through the door

Associate
Dentist today for a checkup and a clean by the Hygienist need a new metal Molar to replace a broken tooth - that will make five metal teeth - my teeth will be like Jaws (James Bond) in a few years.

Had a letter waiting for me from the NHS when I got home, my bowel cancer screening test was all clear.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm feeling happy / hopeful that a major change is likely to happen in the 4th quarter of 2024, that will affect the whole country...

Other than that, I feel happy to have finished my studies (as a mature student) towards a degree (a few months ago).

Thoughts about happiness - Pets seem like a fairly simple way to boost happiness - I like cats personally. It looks like there's going to be a new law soon that will mean there are less restrictions on pet ownership for most tenants, so that's something...

Getting things for free or very cheap makes me happy also :). Like Epic games for example. 'Free' money for switching bank accounts.

The weather in Tenerife?

Last edited:
Soldato
I applied for a passport renewal got new one and my old one back in a week:)

Just a few tips I think make things a lot quicker, go to a photo shop that do passport photos, this way they check your photo will be accepted on the government website, and you get a digital photo code to use when applying online.
Send old passport back asap, using a recorded/special next day delivery service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom