The "Have you seen this new case?" Thread

Soldato
Thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread that keeps on top of the new cases that are coming to market. It definitely feels like a faster growing market segment these days and dropping a post in here is much easier than doing a thread for every single one.

It'll also hopefully bring some more eyes to cases that other people discover. Obviously if a case is super popular then it would probably be worth having its own dedicated thread but I feel this is a good catch-all for everything below that.

I'll start:

Recently discovered the NCase M2, which is an ITX/mATX chassis that allows 3 different internal layouts and support for ATX power supplies, as well as even the biggest air-cooled GPUs.

Reactions: sg0
Ive just seen a couple of videos on this. looks nice.

I'm mainly drawn to the fractal Terra in black but the M2 isnt massively bigger, and microATX board is at least £70 less than ITX come upgrade time, as the cheapest AM5 ITX on ocuk is £220 and not much cheaper elsewhere. The ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 microATX gets good reviews and can be had for half that.

Ordering online overseas is a bit of a faff with import VAT etc.... though if bought from a UK supplier it would be more expensive anyway.

i'm quite tempted, but I really like the fractal terra, it looks great with the wood on black.

one of these with a walnut front panel would be mint.

The Fractal Terra is nice but the wind turbulence noise from the CPU coolers is something that I keep reading about. The general consensus seems to be that it's something that people 'put up with' given the form factor but something slightly bigger, that avoids that, would be more appealing to me personally.

I was surprised to see the inclusion of Micro ATX compatibility in the M2 and it's definitely a huge plus, given the spiraling cost of ITX components.

it certainly interests me, particularly the atx psu aspect.
I'm currently using a meshlicious for one of my builds, partly because of the small footprint, and partly because of the ATX PSU support. the cost of SFX psu is pretty daft. i managed to get a corsair SF750 as a result of buying a PC and splitting for spares so i have one now that i'm using in my fractal core 500, this is the build i'm looking for a case updgrade.

The Fractal Terra is nice but the wind turbulence noise from the CPU coolers is something that I keep reading about. The general consensus seems to be that it's something that people 'put up with' given the form factor but something slightly bigger, that avoids that, would be more appealing to me personally.

I was surprised to see the inclusion of Micro ATX compatibility in the M2 and it's definitely a huge plus, given the spiraling cost of ITX components.
Yeah the slots in the side of the terra are a problem for noise... seems like an easy fix for fractal though to release a revised side panel, they probably wont bother, but you never know. Apparently the Noctua NH-L12S works quite well, with the fan under the heat sink.... 60 quid though! i picked up a used one for £20 If i see a good deal for a terra in black i'll probably go for it. Will keep an eye on new cases for other options though.

New Lian Li Lancool 207. Fairly standard looking budget case but really interesting to see what they've done with the placement of fans below the GPU. They've moved the PSU to the front and embedded reverse fans into the shroud, so the GPU is getting more direct airflow both in general and closer to the actual core itself.

l3Ykwiq.png

Motherboard has also been shifted down for greater radiator support above and because the PSU is where it is, it can only accommodate 2 x 140mms (RGB included) at the front.

I do feel Steve was a bit unfair to the Mood.
I kinda have the impression they don’t “get” the sff space/crowd. Quite a few times I’ve gone “neither I nor other sff groups I’m in have been bothered by that at all” when they discuss niggles.
Thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread that keeps on top of the new cases that are coming to market. It definitely feels like a faster growing market segment these days and dropping a post in here is much easier than doing a thread for every single one.

It'll also hopefully bring some more eyes to cases that other people discover. Obviously if a case is super popular then it would probably be worth having its own dedicated thread but I feel this is a good catch-all for everything below that.

I'll start:

Recently discovered the NCase M2, which is an ITX/mATX chassis that allows 3 different internal layouts and support for ATX power supplies, as well as even the biggest air-cooled GPUs.

Can’t wait for the review of the m2 from them.

I got a M2 in black on the way. Going to be either shifting my current build from my T1 into it or doing a new 7800X3D in it.

Nice choice. I think of all the cases in the premium end of the market, it's probably the one I would go for as well. What front did you go for?

Some nice cases above, I think £52 is the most I have ever spent on a case and that made me wince, hah.

It's a difficult one to balance. There's probably a correlation between how prominent the case is in your setup vs how much you're willing to spend. That was certainly my thinking when I bought my Ncase M1 a few years ago.

Nice choice. I think of all the cases in the premium end of the market, it's probably the one I would go for as well. What front did you go for?

It's a difficult one to balance. There's probably a correlation between how prominent the case is in your setup vs how much you're willing to spend. That was certainly my thinking when I bought my Ncase M1 a few years ago.
I went for the black round version. I also bought the angled feet, io cover and VGPU kit for just in case I want to mount the GPU vertically.

I’ve had far too many cases in the past 5 few years;

- Fractal Design R6
- Phanteks Evolv Shift 2
- Cooler Master NR200P
- SSUPD Meshlicious
- Fractal Design Torrent Compact
- Lian Li O11D Mini
- Corsair 2000D

As you can see, I moved toward SFF cases and the 2000D is what I’m still using. I like the vertical footprint and was looking forward to the Mood coming out but have been put off by the reviews.

I was waiting on the v2 Dan C4 case coming out but today while looking at cases, the Lian Li SUP 01 piqued my interest. While not SFF, it’s about the same width as my 2000D, slightly longer and taller.

New Lian Li Lancool 207. Fairly standard looking budget case but really interesting to see what they've done with the placement of fans below the GPU. They've moved the PSU to the front and embedded reverse fans into the shroud, so the GPU is getting more direct airflow both in general and closer to the actual core itself.

l3Ykwiq.png

Motherboard has also been shifted down for greater radiator support above and because the PSU is where it is, it can only accommodate 2 x 140mms (RGB included) at the front.
It now has a product page:

Back
Top Bottom