The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Because jpg compression is awful.

Everyone has broadband these days, open thread up in new tab and browse something else for 10 seconds!

Spot the difference.

re5.jpg

This is 10% the file size of the one he posted.

to be fair miffy it is kind of pointless posting in a very large size when you can simply change format and save a lot of bandwidth... It will be easier for people to load that dont have broadband and it will stress your host out less perhaps giving you more views per picture. There is little to no quality loss... The internet connection gets hammered at lunch here so i myself have to wait a while for some pictures to load :P

Soya what addons do you use for FSX?
Thanks.

Many... In the above shots you can see: REX, HDR mod (freeware to improve lighting condition in DX9), sceneries: Socal X, Manhattan X, San Franciso X and many payware planes apart from Dino's freeware Goshawk. Oh, and also a freeware digitized moon which replaces the standard FSX moon. Freeware can be found either in AVSIM or google.

In miffys defence this is the hi-res screen shot thread after all. If your that bothered about bandwidth etc you should be here in the first place :p

Yeah, 800 x 450 is reaaaal high res :p

And I know everybody does have broadband but I just did a quick count and there was 83 photos on the last page. If everybody decided to post 2mb screenshots for every photo that would be 166mb. That means on 10mb internet (assuming 1mb/s) it would take 2minutes 45 seconds to load just one page.

I'm sure we'd all love having to wait nearly 3minutes for every page!

Try and justify that miffy...

Have to admit myself, when some pages are filled with extremely over-the-top high res shots weighing in at a good few mb per pic, I just don't bother and exit the thread. I'm on 10mb broadband so I can understand where UKTopGun is coming from.

PNG files are overkill, but high quality (low compression) jpegs are a must. I'd rather wait a few seconds extra than view something that looks like somebody vomited over it.

Using the right software, photofiltre for example, you can acheive good quality jpg's. And photofiltre is free to download.

This is the high res thread yes, but its not the "use the biggest file size I can on 800x450 pics" thread.

Having the attitude of I'll do what I want means you won't last a long time on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom