The " Hiper-Active " Club

Man of Honour
Welcome to The " Hiper-Active" Club

fa126ac741_hiperlogojpg.jpg

(Founded by mrdbristol and The Laughing Ma )

============================================

Following this thread ;

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17694264

and the constant slating of the " highly explosive " Hiper Type R 580w Modular, this exclusive club has been formed.

===========================================

Membership criteria ;

1 ) To have owned said PSU for ~12 months without it exploding ( and taking half your house with it )

2 ) No other criteria

==========================================

UPDATE - Have submitted a Logo , to be used at your discretion , for use in any Hiper bashing threads. :p

UPDATE 2* - due to the response The Laughing Ma is busy getting the T-shirts organised ( available in XL and XXL only ). He is also preparing our first newsletter and arranging our first area meeting ( please bring your Hiper's with you )

* This is a blatant lie

Current Members List [ 23 ]

mrdbristol ( Founder / Admin )
The Laughing Ma ( Co-founder / responsible for weekly newsletters and T-shirt printing :p )
Tute
Pinkaadvark
Kitfit1
WJA96
Maverick
Zefan
Sean_UK ( affiliate member ( using a Hiper-R 480) )
Stigggeh
Esoteric ( 27 month Veteran / And instantly qualifies for " The Hall Of Fame " ( if we had one !) )
Kerazee ( affiliate member ( using a Hiper-R 480) )
Count Stex
Vinny1511
A.N.Other
wolf_2k7
trojan698 ( affiliate member (using a Hiper 4B580 Mk V2 Type R. ) )
Cuchulain
Dyson ( Pending membership, as it was one of his friends :D )
JudgeC
PU7E
Phunky Phish
Emlyn_Dewar

EDIT :

A New World Record.........

ninjabib - I got a Hiper 580w modular PSU and it's still going strong! I've had it over 7 tears and i bought it 2nd hand.

Thank You. :D

(Note to Mods : I am in no way linked to Hiper , And will not financially gain from this thread , purely curriousity )

Last edited:
Soldato
Not 100% sure how long i've had mine for but it must be getting close to 12 months now.

It's survived being in three different rigs, and a number of upgrades and is powering an X1950XTX as we speak.

It's being replaced next month though, as I think it's making my DVD drive misbehave.

Soldato
Got 2 of these myself. The one in my sig is 13 or 14 months old and came out of my NF2 rig. The one now in my NF2 rig is even older(can't remember how old though). Both are as solid as the day(s) they were bought.

Soldato
I do wonder if the ones dying are due to people overloading them or not following the installation instructions about chaining the molex's, or even trying to run everything off of one 12/5v line ?

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
I do wonder if the ones dying are due to people overloading them or not following the installation instructions about chaining the molex's, or even trying to run everything off of one 12/5v line ?

How can you tell which connectors go to which rail?

Man of Honour
OP
pinkaardvark said:

Or not allowing the PSU cooling fan to spin for a few minutes ( as it was designed to do ) after shutting down Windows.

Mark

Soldato
mrdbristol said:
Or not allowing the PSU cooling fan to spin for a few minutes ( as it was designed to do ) after shutting down Windows.

Mark
cant see how that would affect anything. heat output goes down when the pc is off, not up. spinning the fan up would only cool it down quicker than it would without it.

Man of Honour
OP
james.miller said:
cant see how that would affect anything. heat output goes down when the pc is off, not up. spinning the fan up would only cool it down quicker than it would without it.

I'm only going by what Hiper designed the PSU to do.

Mark

( As much as i respect your knowledge in the Audio/Sound ( of which you have helped me ) section and other sections of the forum . I want to keep this thread " as title " ) . Please don't take offence. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of a harsh thread tbh...Hiper are by no means in the same league as Q-Tec (spelling) :rolleyes: Allthough must admit a fair few of there current retail line up list do seem to up in smoke with some style! :)

Soldato
mrdbristol said:
Explain ? I'm encouraging people to post positively about the PSU.

I have a Hiper , it's reliable with good steady rails and i won't be changing it .

Mark

Well...yes it seems your trying to boost the Hiper 580 profile with thread, but at the same time your drawing peoples attention to the fact it's been slated be it just or unjust - so kinda no win thread. ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Sean_UK said:
Well...yes it seems your trying to boost the Hiper 580 profile with thread, but at the same time your drawing peoples attention to the fact it's been slated be it just or unjust - so kinda no win thread. ;)

A neutral thread :D

Because frankly i'm fed up with the amount of " Hiper = TNT " threads.

Just thought i would try and get some figures/response from people who are happy with the PSU and not swayed by the negative feedback it seems to get.

Mark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom