The Hot Sauce thread

Soldato
Probably a decade ago someone on this forum mentioned The Ribman and the sauces he makes. Whilst I obviously love mixing my sauces up. I always go back to his offerings and usually have a bottle on the go, lord knows how many bottles I've ordered over the past 10 years or so.

Don't know the rules on trying to dodge swearing so I'll just say give him a google!

Associate
Anyone tried the new Tobasco Sriracha? Saw it pop up in Tesco on Monday but it's nearly 4 quid a bottle!
Yes, grabbed a bottle yesterday as its on offer in Waitrose!

First impressions I prefer it to Sriracha which I always thought has an almost metallic taste?

It has almost the texture of ketchup. Heat wise, similar to Encona XXL. It has a kick, but not hot when compared to some of the sauces mentioned.

Associate
I've tried that bulls eye carolina reaper. It's nice but not that hot. Try Mic's Chilli - Voodoo reaper. mental hot!!!! I just love chilli sauce in general

Associate
Can recommend some of the Psycho Juice sauces - at the hotter end but backed off enough for good flavour is the Garlic Ghost, but for something a little more extreme there are ghost, Scorpion and reaper - ghost has an extreme variety too.

Permabanned
Got some of "Frank's hot sauce" to try. Over the weekend shall check out some of these tho
Frank's is too vinegary, it's ok but it vinegar imparts the flavour too much.

Picked this up today.. not that spicy but a great flavour all round.

images

Back
Top Bottom