The increasing inability to actually contact customer services (not OcUK)

Man of Honour
Note: I am not referring to OcUK here :) They have always replied to me.

Does anyone else find it increasingly frustrating that it's almost impossible to actually contact many companies nowadays? I'm not just referring to during COVID lockdowns as this was happening before that. Many companies don't have a phone number any more. If they do then you simply can't get to speak to anyone and there is no option which matches what you need so you are sent back round to the start with only options to get automated responses to questions you don't have.

Some have a webnote and some provide an email address. But often finding those pages is difficult and needs googling to actually locate it. Sometimes you can't actually get to it with any obvious link on the company website. You'll usually get a reply back which bears no resemblance to the question you asked. Then you're back to square one with sending another question off into the ether.

If you're lucky then there will be an online chat. Your spirits are briefly lifted... until you find that it's just an automated bot and there is no way to get an answer to your question.

On a few rare occasions, with much smaller companies, you'll get excellent service. I just bought a jacket and had the company contact me asking questions about my body dimensions to make sure my chosen size was right. Now that is good service and will probably help reduce the number of returns. But for many larger companies actually reaching customer service is near on impossible.

Anyone else feel the same?

Back
Top Bottom