"The instruction at ... The memory could not be written"

Soldato
Getting the above error on my machine :(

I've been getting it for a couple of days now, haven't ran memtest or anything along those lines as I wasn't sure if it was a windows error or something along those lines (plus I don't have any bootable device with memtest on at the moment).

My windows install has been customised to hell and back and it's really showing its age, I guess I could do a re-install and perhaps install Windows 8.

I've recently added another 460 into my machine however I doubt that has anything to do with it.

FTAO Mods: I haven't put this in the Memory forum for a couple of reasons. It may not be memory error, and I also will get more of a response here, sorry if it needs moving :)

Thanks all

help.png

Associate
Could be dodgy software, memory address 0 might not be accessible to a user space program. Although I would expect some sort of segmentation fault.

Have you updated TeamViewer recently?

RHS

RHS

Associate
I've seen this error too on my machine with teamviewer. Memtest passes so no issues with faulty ram, issue is with dodgy code.

Soldato
OP
I've seen this error too on my machine with teamviewer. Memtest passes so no issues with faulty ram, issue is with dodgy code.
I've seen it happen numerous times, it isn't any specific program, so it's very hard to pinpoint.
I believe his clocks are at their default values.

Acme knows my PC aswell as me >.> xD

I'm running Windows Mem Diagnostics, I'll reply with my findings

Soldato
OP
Have you checked your registry lately?

If I'm honest, it's absolutely screwed, I've changed so many things in it for 'special' reasons if you catch my drift ;) It's one of the reasons I'm looking at a install of Win8, I've ran CCleaner and cleared up the registry, I have little faith, however if it does work I'll reinstall at a later date.

Caporegime
If I'm honest, it's absolutely screwed, I've changed so many things in it for 'special' reasons if you catch my drift ;) It's one of the reasons I'm looking at a install of Win8, I've ran CCleaner and cleared up the registry, I have little faith, however if it does work I'll reinstall at a later date.

You OS/registry can't be as phooked as mine haha. I have all kinds of ridiculous problems with my OS :p

Soldato
looks like the software is attempting to access a null pointer. Pretty common bug really.

it can happen due to memory failure, but its more likly a software bug

Back
Top Bottom