*** The iPad Air thread ***

Associate
Just ordered mine from apple online..... Only reason was I wanted a red case cover thing.

Using my 3 now but a friend wants it for £250 so not an expensive upgrade.... Would have liked touchID but it's not a great loss.

Associate
Just ordered mine from apple online..... Only reason was I wanted a red case cover thing.

Using my 3 now but a friend wants it for £250 so not an expensive upgrade.... Would have liked touchID but it's not a great loss.

Associate
Picked one up from the bullring on my way home from work
Only one type out of stock, 128gb cellular white

Good day today! Got my Space Grey 32Gb Cellular and got an EE sim to go with it
And Battlefield 4 turned up!
Was slightly worried about getting hugged walking through Digbeth in the dark with an apple bag though....

Overall a good day!

Associate
Picked one up from the bullring on my way home from work
Only one type out of stock, 128gb cellular white

Good day today! Got my Space Grey 32Gb Cellular and got an EE sim to go with it
And Battlefield 4 turned up!
Was slightly worried about getting hugged walking through Digbeth in the dark with an apple bag though....

Overall a good day!

I was hanging around watching the bullring ipad queue. I almost joined it and purchased an ipad air...then I remembered that I'm poor this month:(. Looks like I'll be using my ipad 3 for a while yet #firstworldproblems

Soldato
I'm debating buying my first ever iPad, I have 28GB of music on iTunes (currently, I have more albums to rip) so am torn between the 32GB and 64GB models. Also a little concerned about the supposed lack of RAM since it's turned 64-bit. What are peoples thoughts?

Soldato
speed comparison between air and the 4
Still don't see the point of these performance videos where you use programs like this... Real world is more important, not random numbers - especially if you don't know exactly what they mean and how they scale. Like is x more than another one good?

Caporegime
OP
I'm debating buying my first ever iPad, I have 28GB of music on iTunes (currently, I have more albums to rip) so am torn between the 32GB and 64GB models. Also a little concerned about the supposed lack of RAM since it's turned 64-bit. What are peoples thoughts?

It depends. If you're happy playing from the cloud and paying the yearly fee for itunes match, then a 32GB could suffice.

But personally, with a music collection that size, I would go for the 64GB.

Soldato
I think with a collection that size, you're going to have to go for 64GB minimum, as by the time you rip the other stuff you'd probably be looking towards 30GB, and you only get about 28.5GB free space on the 32GB iPads.

Soldato
Ocuk doesn't look good in portrait! :( edit:went to landscape, then back and it's ok now :)

Can't get over how light this is!

Last edited:
Associate
I've ordered a 32GB Wi-Fi to collect tomorrow at my local Tesco branch as I had some vouchers and they have a £30 discount code too.

I was so tempted to go for the 4G model but then I thought I'm not sure if I would make use of that.

Caporegime
It's got 5GHz radios so you benefit from the interference-free spectrum if you're within range. AC wouldn't bring any advantages.

Associate
Had a play with one and impressed by how much smaller / lighter it feels than the iPad 3/4. Am tempted to upgrade but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 6 month refresh with the TouchID, as if you have that tech and are building your AppStore etc authentication around it, why wouldn't you put it on every device.

Soldato
I think it is more likely we'll see an iPad Pro in 6 months rather than this being refreshed.

Picked one up from the Apple Store yesterday, is so much lighter than the old one and quite liking it so far. Still think ios7 is a bit buggy on this though

Back
Top Bottom