*** The iPad Air thread ***

Soldato
I do hope it arrives soon.
unfortunately, I think it is more than Safari, as we get the crash to tablettop in several apps. One can run our years old ipad 2 and the air beside one another, in the same apps, doing the same thing, albeit slower on the 2, and watch the air stumble and fall when the 2 doesn't. Both on same OS revision. It is disappointing. That said a click and you are back, and I much prefer the air screen.

I'm pretty sure it will sort your crashes. Each beta release has addressed 'stability issues' in the release notes and I can't recall any recent general (non safari) crashes to desktop whereas the 7.0.x general release was quite crash happy.

Soldato
I think IOS7.1 is going to fix the safari bug. I've been running the various betas and the crash to desktop has all but gone now.

Wish they would upgrade 1st party app outside of OS updates like Google does, the safari bug could already be fixed for everything and not just those on beta.

Soldato
Didn't no the four finger tip....

Had a 2 since just after launch, now passed to my G/F ..... as I have an an Air for a month.

The Air does crash to desk top more. It also "pauses" or moment freeze/hangs often in safari... so while it's quicker the pause makes it feel slower some times.

It has a slight sharp edge to glass, so reduced the tactile feel a little...
Retina screen, is better for reading downloaded magazines etc... for normal apps already don't notice any improvement.

What's disappointing is the new toy syndrome lasts about 3 minutes, as it actually does nothing new compared to the 2... where as upgrading a product from other manufactures you normally get new features and things to play with that enhance your use and enjoyment....

This is the first time I've "upgrade" an Apple product from a previous version. It's made me think twice about other first time upgrades. iPhone 4s to 5s ? maybe.... Upgrade my 2012 MacBook Air... Think I'll pass on that now.

The Air is nice, worth the high cost to upgrade from a 2... if my G/F hadn't wanted a tablet I'd say it wasn't worth it, the 2 still does everything fine .

Caporegime
OP
Apple TV connected to hifi, then stream by AirPlay. Great setup, every time we have people over we just pass the ipad round and people queue up what they like :)

Thanks for your advice Dave, but after a bit of digging around, I came across this http://www.airserver.com/

Seems to be working flawlessly so far :)

How do you queue a song on Spotify? When I press the icon that looks like lines and a little box, it just plays it next regardless of what's in the queue.

Soldato
Thanks for your advice Dave, but after a bit of digging around, I came across this http://www.airserver.com/

Seems to be working flawlessly so far :)

How do you queue a song on Spotify? When I press the icon that looks like lines and a little box, it just plays it next regardless of what's in the queue.

Personally use airfoil as it is cross platform too, I normally just make a playlist/queue inside Spotify and let it play.

Why use safari when third party browsers are better and have way more options.

On iOS there generally much worse and handicapped, for example chrome doesn't getting a proper JS engine unless you jailbreak and install a tweak.

Associate
Had the Ipad air since release. Fantastic.

However

RAM...please give me more RAM.

Then

one perfect tablet.

Soldato
you all know that the pinch takes you back to desktop as well?

:D

Try atomic webbrowser i've had it for ipad and phone for ages great thing is you can password protect so if your phone is stolen they can't see your history.

Also good if you regularly give your phone/pad to small kids.

Back
Top Bottom