Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
vkCy5IDl.jpg

Details: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12758236/apple-iphone-7-announced-features-price-release-date

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/07/apple-unveils-iphone-7-and-7-plus/

Hands on: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12827772/iphone-7-plus-photos-video-hands-on

Specs/Features:

• Redesigned Home button with Taptic engine
  • A10 Fusion four-core CPU
  • Water and dust resistant enclosure
  • 12 Megapixel cameras with new quad-led True Tone flash
  • Dual-camera system for enhanced zoom on Plus models
  • Optical image stabilization in all iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models
  • Lightning Earpods + Lightning to 3.5mm adapter in box
  • Color options: New glossy “Jet black”, second “black” finish with black logo, silver, gold, and rose gold
  • Repositioned antennas
  • Storage options are now 32GB/128GB/256GB

So, who's getting one?

Man of Honour
OP
Are we allowed to discuss accessories in here?

Wondering if the AirPods might turn out to be a serious theft target as they're not cheap and look very easy to whip out of someone's ears.

I don't see why not as they are designed for this phone (essentially).

Man of Honour
OP
I'll let you lot get on with it, most people who would offer some balance and reason to the discussion won't bother coming in the thread so I can tell I'm fighting a losing battle. :p

People don't have to agree with you. They may deem any extra cost to be worth it. I do.

Man of Honour
OP
If I do get one :)p), it'll be hard to decide between the two black colours. Matte black is very tempting but then so is the gloss. On balance I think the matte could be a better choice especially considering the gloss is prone to scratching.

I think I'd need to see them in person to decide. Ultimately I tend to use a case which renders it fairly redundant anyway.

I almost went for gold last time (purely for a change) but I just can't get on with the front of the phone being white.

Man of Honour
OP
I like the matte black. Not interested in one of course just wanted to say I like it for a change :p

Oh and SAF has a video out with some very valid points:

I thought you'd finally seen the light. ;)

Some fair points but ultimately they're fairly minor. As a collective package it's still entirely unique (largely down to the OS admittedly).

Man of Honour
OP
iOS is 'special' enough in many respects, Android apps are not yet up to my standards, they never have been.

You have to look at the iPhone as a complete package of hardware and software. iOS is still unique really, even if you can achieve similar things with Android equivalents.

It's hard to argue that the OnePlus 3 isn't better value though, but not everyone wants the best value.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm going to be returning my Note 7 shortly and having sold my old Note 5 already, I need to get a replacement ASAP and there's no android that I fancy, leaving me considering ios for the first time in ~10 years. To save me going through the entire thread, could somebody briefly explain the differences between the 7 and 7+ other than just the screen size?

Having had Note's for the past 3-4 years I'd prefer to get the plus but I've been told that I'll struggle to get one of those quickly which will be a pain if CPW insist on me handing my Note back before they reverse my upgrade. If CPW are happy for me to hold onto the Note until the plus comes into stock then great but as a fall back option is the basic iPhone 7 much different other than the obvious?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/iphone/iphone-7-vs-iphone-7-plus-comparison-3646264/

They are both very good phones, but I'd go for the Plus if you can. And beware the 'Jet Black' gloss version is a scratch magnet.

Man of Honour
OP
iPhone cameras often hold up much better in real world use than the competition. You can frame shots better on rival phones but for point and shoot the iPhone always holds its own.

Back
Top Bottom