Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can someone that has an Apple leather case for their iPhone 7 check whether it fits the iPhone 6 please? I know it doesn't work the other way round but I've currently got an iPhone 6 which I will upgrade at some point but need a case for it in the meantime and would be useful if that will be futureproof.

Associate
Can someone that has an Apple leather case for their iPhone 7 check whether it fits the iPhone 6 please? I know it doesn't work the other way round but I've currently got an iPhone 6 which I will upgrade at some point but need a case for it in the meantime and would be useful if that will be futureproof.

Fits but the camera cutout is off making the camera unuseable

Soldato
Ended up cancelling my 7+ order from very, who kept pushing the delivery date back and just buying one from the Apple store using the reserve and collect thing.

Love it.

Also loving the X-Dora Defense Lux case.

Cheers,

G

Associate
It sounds like it; I've had pretty much every iPhone since the 3GS and I've never had anything go wrong with any of them.

Having a job shifting my 6S Plus at the moment, don't fancy eBay due to the extortionate fees but getting zero interest on AVF and FB Marketplace is only inhabited by people who think you'll consider ludicrously low offers. Might end up trading it in for Apple Store vouchers to go towards a Watch at this rate...

Take it into Game for a quote, their cash offers are better than CEX, you won't get as much as selling private, but it's far less hassle.

Soldato
I'm about to test that this weekend. I bought a 7 in the states two days ago and switched over my sim card. I was getting loads of cutouts and no-signal at the airport.

Took the sim card out and put it in my 6S, back up to 3/4 bars 4G solid for the rest of the day.

Very strange, will do a factory reset this weekend and try it again now that I'm back in England.

Soldato
Take it into Game for a quote, their cash offers are better than CEX, you won't get as much as selling private, but it's far less hassle.

No need! I got it moved on AVF in the end. Bit lower than I wanted but it's my fault for taking precious £'s off the price from dropping it a couple of times.

I can't bring myself to use a case though, I'd settle for the super-thin ones just for scratch protection but they never offer any more grip than the naked phone and warp/snap very easily. Sleeves are a PITA taking on and off and the phone is big enough as it is without a typical sized case making it bigger (and uglier). Just as well I didn't get the Jet Black...

Soldato
Isn't there a US variant that has the wrong bands for the UK?

I think so, possibly the Sprint ones. I believe they used to be CDMA only as opposed to GSM, although that may have changed.

If you buy unlocked direct from Apple it should be fine internationally.

It shouldn't have really happened at all though, the UK phone worked a treat in the US, the same sim card in the new US phone was having the issues while still in the US. So not sure what the issue was there. Will do a reset and test both now I'm back in the UK.

Soldato
I'm going crazy, I have the 7 in jet black and I'm scared to use it without a case, I didn't have a case on my 6 and it ended up quite battered after 2 years. Also the JB is a finger print magnet. I bought a Luvvit clear case and hated it, nasty cheap thing that felt horrible, so I got the Apple silicone case, but it also has many negatives.

Starting to wear shiny in the corners already.
Adds too much of a lip around the screen.
Attracts dust big time.
Too grippy, doesn't slide out of the pocket easy.

I think I'm too fussy, I also worry about thin plastic cases scratching the phone when dust gets between the phone and the case. Every case I have looked as seems to have something which I don't like.

I want it to feel high quality and look nice, no patterns, colours, logos or weird shapes, I'm not fussed about drop protection as I'd rather not add bulk, I just want scratch protection, so it also needs to be microfibre lined. I don't want a flip case or a sock type.

Am I asking too much?

Soldato
I'm not sure how easily it will scratch but I don't really want to find out.

I got the Apple leather case for my 6, then got fed up with the added bulk so took it off and ran it caseless, then ended up dropping it a few times.

I have the added problem that I also carry a 6S for work, I carry them together in the same pocket, the 6S is in a very thin leather pouch, it's just a slight annoyance having to remove it from that, but imagine both of them without a case together, I imagine they would both get scratched/damaged.

Back
Top Bottom