Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you have the money, I don't see why you can't pay it off and take out a new agreement. Selling the handset to pay off the agreement is an option, providing you can avoid ebay/paypal fees (assuming you are talking about the non-AppleCare+ agreement).

Caporegime
so rumor roundup of Iphone8 ?? due next year

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/

OLED display
Faster A11 processor
Glass body
Edge-to-edge display
Camera and Touch ID integrated in display
No Home button
Wireless charging
Three models - One OLED, two standard

Sounds like the one for me. I'm out of contract in a few weeks. Think I'll switch to gifgaf or similar for cheap bills and see what next year brings.

Associate
The minor design difference between the 6/6S and 7 is no different to how the 4/4S and 5/5S shared the same aesthetic.

Actually I disagree. The 4 and 5 shared the same shape, as in rectangle but they had different dimensions and design. It would definitely be classed as new to people. The 6 and 7 is almost identical. Same shape, dimensions, texture.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I imagine it would better to take out the interest free over 20 month plan, and if you do want to upgrade when the new phone is launched you can probably trade in the 7 for more than the outstanding balance on the loan.

iPhone 7+ 128gb is £49 upfront and 20 x £38.50 = £819.
After 11 months you will have paid £472.50 leaving £346.50.

I'm pretty confident that in August next year the iPhone 7+ 128gb will worth quite a bit more than £346.50 (I got £380 for my iPhone 6s 64b last week via recycle website). Last week an iPhone 6s+ 128GB was recyclable for £440.

This is what I'm leaning towards. It is no different really to buying the handset outright and upgrading next year, the cost is the same just spread.

Associate
My worry is next years iphone as it is the iphones 10th birthday.

When they were showing off the making of the jet black iphone being made, they made it sound as if this was as far as they were going to go with this type of iphone build.

Anyone else thinking they are going to do something crazy new and advanced for the 1oth anniversary ?

it's pushing me towards the apple leasing idea rather than going through a network on a 24 month contract.

Soldato
Hmm... Still haven't fully made my mind up - But right now, I think I might just stick with my 6S - No headphone jack is a bit of a deal breaker right now. I could get over it if they included wireless airpods, but the fact that the earphones bundled have a lightning connection, means they can only be used on my iPhone - Effectively useless to me

You do realise you get an adapter to use a standard audio jack in the box?

Soldato
Its already been mentioned that you could save by selling privately but that means risking Ebay etc - selling a phone can be a nightmare so dealing direct with Apple would be preferable.

Exactly not placing it on ebay, dealing with questions, packing and posting then dealing with any problems that might crop up is worth at least £150 to me.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Exactly not placing it on ebay, dealing with questions, packing and posting then dealing with any problems that might crop up is worth at least £150 to me.

Recycle websites are painless. Stick it in a bag, have them collect it insured for free, get paid via bank transfer.

Associate
so rumor roundup of Iphone8 ?? due next year

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/

OLED display
Faster A11 processor
Glass body
Edge-to-edge display
Camera and Touch ID integrated in display
No Home button
Wireless charging
Three models - One OLED, two standard

Sounds like the one for me. I'm out of contract in a few weeks. Think I'll switch to gifgaf or similar for cheap bills and see what next year brings.

Glass body?! Oh please no.

Soldato
:rolleyes:
Recycle websites are painless. Stick it in a bag, have them collect it insured for free, get paid via bank transfer.

Agree, in my first post on this issue I said I'd do what made financial sense to me at the time I chose to get rid of the 7+, what I meant by that is I'd see which of my many options was the option that had in the best value to effort ratio, which would most likely be selling to a mate for £500+ after a face to face chat then pay off the credit and begin a new ugp.

Last edited:
Soldato
So tomorrow I can reserve a phone for Friday 16th, and pay when I go into store? (never done it this way so checking)

Still haven't managed to find a definitive answer on this.

And I don't want hearsay or assumption as Apple have done all manner of different permutations over the years - sometimes you've only been able to order for delivery, not store pickup - other times the only way to get it on launch day has been to queue up at the store (iPad Air).

I'm sure it'll become clear at 8.01 tomorrow but I'd rather know ahead of time so I don't waste time faffing about on the website trying to work out if I can collect in store.

Soldato
Glass body?! Oh please no.

The 4/4S was the best iPhone design by far. It looked utterly gorgeous and like a piece of jewellery. They had to abandon it because people are clumsy idiots who kept smashing them but frankly I don't care about them, I want that design back! :p

Associate
The 4/4S was the best iPhone design by far. It looked utterly gorgeous and like a piece of jewellery. They had to abandon it because people are clumsy idiots who kept smashing them but frankly I don't care about them, I want that design back! :p

I agree it looked nice but I much prefer the 5 or 6. I never broke my 4 but still rather have metal. 4 was a fingerprint magnet (so looked bad normally anyway) and was slippery.

Man of Honour
Last year you couldn't reserve on pre-order day, in fact I'm almost certain you couldn't reserve until the week or even the day of release. 99% sure that was the case

Soldato
Stop embellishing. Yes it's dropped but not that much. It was $1.50 briefly on the morning of 23rd June when everyone was expecting a remain result. Prior to that it was averaging about $1.44

keep your pants on.. I was generalising, if we're going to go through the full version we've drifted from just over $1.50 late last year/early this, then wobbled around $1.47 until around June then jumped to more like $1.50 late on the 23rd as you say then plummeted to $1.35 then kept dropping and went under $1.30 then went back slightly to where we are today.

Either way the point I was making was the rate has moved by around 10-15% and that's your reason for the price going up in £, pretty obvious considering the $ price is the same.

Back
Top Bottom