Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
7+ 128GB in Black for me.

The fine print for the gloss black is pretty lol

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodisation and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodised Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

So basically get a case or you're gonna see all those swirl marks in the gloss finish.

Soldato
The upgrade programme then isn't great only if you want 0% over the 20m and never upgrade. If you upgrade you're worse off than buying outright / not triggering the upgrade and just having 0% over 20m.

Soldato
Are we allowed to discuss accessories in here?

Wondering if the AirPods might turn out to be a serious theft target as they're not cheap and look very easy to whip out of someone's ears.

Soldato
The problem with the uograde program is you've paid the full price over the term, but you've got no equity in the phone. At least if you buy it outright for X amount you can sell it in 2 years to recoup some money. Better off getting a 0% credit card.

Soldato
I don't think the poll will support that many options now there's another colour!

TBH the only thing of real interest is what colours people will go for.

Physical size and memory capacity are both down to individual usage requirements really and much the same as previous models. I'd be interested to know how many will go for the new colours.

Man of Honour
OP
Are we allowed to discuss accessories in here?

Wondering if the AirPods might turn out to be a serious theft target as they're not cheap and look very easy to whip out of someone's ears.

I don't see why not as they are designed for this phone (essentially).

Soldato
So questioning people who think £800+ is a reasonable price for a phone which is technically worse than much cheaper alternatives, makes me a troll?

Are you sure you're not the troll? :p

You're forgetting the obvious argument of a much more polished and entwined operating system that works harmoniously between everything else from the same vendor ;)

Soldato
I don't think I've used the headphone port once on either my 6+ or 6S+, won't miss it in the slightest
I use mine on my iPad and iPhone all the time, for the Apple earbuds, so them swapping to lightning doesn't bother me too much as they give you a set, problem for me is I also use them in my Surface which is now a no go...

Soldato
So questioning people who think £800+ is a reasonable price for a phone which is technically worse than much cheaper alternatives, makes me a troll?

Are you sure you're not the troll? :p

My option is £719 and looks to have a considerably better performing camera and innards than the Note 7 I was going to buy.

Man of Honour
The problem with the uograde program is you've paid the full price over the term, but you've got no equity in the phone. At least if you buy it outright for X amount you can sell it in 2 years to recoup some money. Better off getting a 0% credit card.

:confused:
you havent paid anywhere near the full price by the time you upgrade in 12 months.

24x44.45=£1066.80

or
ip7+ @819 +ip7s@819 +apple care @ 119 - ip7@600 =£1157

and the chance of selling the ip7+ for £600 is pushing it, as ip6s+ before today was around £450

Last edited:
Soldato

If you pay 20 months the phone and all the equity it holds is yours to keep as I read it.

Soldato
Hmm... Still haven't fully made my mind up - But right now, I think I might just stick with my 6S - No headphone jack is a bit of a deal breaker right now. I could get over it if they included wireless airpods, but the fact that the earphones bundled have a lightning connection, means they can only be used on my iPhone - Effectively useless to me

Soldato
If you pay 20 months the phone and all the equity it holds is yours to keep as I read it.

:confused:
you havent paid anywhere near the full price by the time you upgrade in 12 months.

Agh I understood it wrong. For some reason I thought that the only way to upgrade was via trade in, but you could still sell it privately I see.

What's the monthly on the 128gb plus then?

Back
Top Bottom