***The Kit Thread 10/11***

x2_13787c3

Looks like the Spurs kit leak was genuine :-)

Shaping up to be one of our better shirts. I always used to love our strip but over the past few years it's been as bad as some of our football ;)

Shaping up to be one of our better shirts. I always used to love our strip but over the past few years it's been as bad as some of our football ;)

I loved the 08/09 home shirt. Simple, and good material too. Perfect.

Pity mine is pretty much covered in pollen or something that won't come out from retrieving footballs after a night at 5-a-side. :(

0,,10310~8773904,00.jpg

Ok not bad its got a plain red back no stripes!

Typical adidas template

lol you get a pub team kit with a badge and sponser, then they charge you £25 quid more for the pleasure.

At least we get a custom kit in the depths of league 2 (maybe 1)

We "missed a deadline" by the time we'd accepted the contract apparently thats why we get that crap.

There's no stripes on the back has riled a lot of people (including me) we'll look like 'kin Arsenal or Man U from behind, uber lame.

Think I'll hold out some hope for the away kit or just buy another 09/10 top on the cheap. :p

The only reason the Man United shirt had the chevron on was for 100 years at OT so it was only going to remain for 1 season.

The only reason the Man United shirt had the chevron on was for 100 years at OT so it was only going to remain for 1 season.

No it wasn't.

The chevron was a Nike template and was on several International teams kits as well, Mexico was one iirc.

It was also a V for Victory ad campaign by Nike, if you Google Hollands Away kit it's on there as well ;)

No it wasn't.

The chevron was a Nike template and was on several International teams kits as well, Mexico was one iirc.

It was also a V for Victory ad campaign by Nike, if you Google Hollands Away kit it's on there as well ;)

I think you'll find your wrong with that statement :) Being a Man United fan I watched the kit launch on MUTV and they explained why the chevron was there. But maybe other teams saw it and liked the idea of it.

Manutd.com said:
United's new home kit for the 2009/10 campaign has been officially unveiled and you can now see it in all its glory in our special gallery on ManUtd.com.

The red kit, which can be pre-ordered online now, celebrates 100 years of Old Trafford with a special commemorative tag at the side of the shirt and large chevron across the chest, reflecting the design of the shirts worn by United when the team won its first FA Cup in 1909 wearing white shirts with a red chevron.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={48C41513-A376-4D1F-981D-660FC5BB193E}&newsid=6635120

Last edited:
You're a Man Utd fan so you obvioulsy know more than me.

You do realise that the tag on the shirt was the comerative part and not the chevron, which like I said was on various other kits as well.

Mexico's strip was released the season before the United kit, are they celebrating 100 years of OT as well?

You're a Man Utd fan so you obvioulsy know more than me.

You do realise that the tag on the shirt was the comerative part and not the chevron, which like I said was on various other kits as well.

Mexico's strip was released the season before the United kit, are they celebrating 100 years of OT as well?

I would ask Man Utd about it :P But thats what the launch notes and information given in regards to the design. :)

Taken from a page off ManUtd.com - "The red kit, which can be pre-ordered online now, celebrates 100 years of Old Trafford with a special commemorative tag at the side of the shirt and large chevron across the chest, reflecting the design of the shirts worn by United when the team won its first FA Cup in 1909 wearing white shirts with a red chevron."

I'd never thought about it before really, but there we go.

Back
Top Bottom