Klopp Out Arne In

Soldato
Nothing rumour, just bayern up to their usual tricks.

Have been looking up amorim seeing as he's 2nd favourite and I have to say if Alonso does stay at Leverkusen or take a other job elsewhere this guy looks pretty impressive. I think if alonso wasn't smashing it at BL there would be far more chatter about him.

Man of Honour
In recent days I've decided that if its not Alonso then I would want Pep Ljinders to stay on and become manager for continuity, however I'm led to believe that Pep has ruled that out

Soldato
He wears nice ties, are you sure you won't take him?
we already had a guy that wore a tie well in Brendan, don't trust em after that :p

Any particular reason why you're so against the idea? He's been our assistant manager for 9 years after all.
Only lasted 6 odd months at NEC back in 2018, failed spectacularly whilst there. Massive difference between being an assistant compared to being the main man, needs a couple of years at managing a club (and being successful) before he's even ready to be talked about as someone who might be able to take the job. I understand some folks hark back to the old boot room days, but regarding Ljinders, no thanks.

Soldato
Alonso still hasn't managed a full season though. I think he's far to green to manage Liverpool especially after someone like Klopp.
Well he has really, was the manager of Real Sociedad B for 3 years (equivalent of a 1st/2nd division side over here roughly) and took over BL after 8 games or so last season - iirc he was also coach of one of the Real Madrid youth teams before going to Sociedad B.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only lasted 6 odd months at NEC back in 2018, failed spectacularly whilst there. Massive difference between being an assistant compared to being the main man, needs a couple of years at managing a club (and being successful) before he's even ready to be talked about as someone who might be able to take the job. I understand some folks hark back to the old boot room days, but regarding Ljinders, no thanks.
Swings and roundabouts really, at least as a plus he knows the Premier League and the Liverpool system and style and already has relationships with the Liverpool players (being integral in the signings and integration of Jota, Diaz and Nunez) , which is all more than Amorim has who, despite his record with Sporting, has never managed outside of the Portuguese league (a league full of whipping boys teams where only 3 teams really are any good at all , Porto, Sporting and Benfica).

Last edited:
Soldato
Swings and roundabouts really, at least as a plus he knows the Premier League and the Liverpool system and style and already has relationships with the Liverpool players (being integral in the signings and integration of Jota, Diaz and Nunez) , which is all more than Amorim has who, despite his record with Sporting, has never managed outside of the Portuguese league (a league full of whipping boys teams where only 3 teams really are any good at all , Porto, Sporting and Benfica).
That's all well and good, so when ljinders goes to a 'farmers league' like Liga Portugal and wins the title then he can be mentioned as a serious contender for the job after the next manager until then he's in the same breath as Gerrard, a firm no from me :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's all well and good, so when ljinders goes to a 'farmers league' like Liga Portugal and wins the title then he can be mentioned as a serious contender for the job after the next manager until then he's in the same breath as Gerrard, a firm no from me :)
I would be ok with Ljinders, truth be told I think whoever comes in after Klopp, even Alonso, will last no more than 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom