Klopp Out Arne In

Caporegime
That's true and implies it's maybe the time to take a punt on an up-and-coming young manager because the opportunity cost is lower than usual (i.e. you aren't overlooking some obvious big candidate to appoint them).

Someone like Emery is probably the closest you'll get to that middle ground of an established manager that is not elite but has won trophies and punched above his weight recently (iirc he won more points in his first year or so at Villa than everyone except Pep and Arteta, he took Villa from 15th iirc to Europe last season etc). That's not say I think Liverpool should appoint him but it's worth noting that he's outperformed the media darling RDZ by some distance despite the latter inheriting a team that were in the top4 when Potter left compared to a team just above the relegation zone when Gerrard left.
No doubt Arsenal are happy with Arteta now but they really dropped the ball letting Emery go.

Caporegime
No doubt Arsenal are happy with Arteta now but they really dropped the ball letting Emery go.
We really didn’t. He just didn’t fit the club. We would have the odd little spell of doing well, but then we’d start struggling again. I would bet my left testicle that he would never be fighting for the league and champs league the way Arteta is.

Soldato
Nope, just the usual chancer 'journos' saying a decision will he made in 3-4 weeks (basically when Leverkusen will have wrapped up the title, around game week 30)

Caporegime
I don't get the love for Southgate. He was relatively poor in his club career. Some would say he's been poor in his national team career too, managing to find a way to fail with what some see as the most talented England Squad in years.

Back
Top Bottom