Klopp Out Arne In

Man of Honour
I feel like some players who might have stayed if Alonso had been the manager will think hard now about wanting to move on themselves. Amorim looks the most likely choice now but I know that he very strongly favours a 3-4-3 formation, I wonder if that will give pause for thought to any current players who think they might not get a look in , in a 3-4-3

Don
Reports linking Amorim with us have been picking up a fair bit in the last week, particularly those coming out of Portugal. I generally have a rule of never believing anything coming out of Portugal (if you believed them then Liverpool & Utd have signed 250 Portuguese based players each in the past 12 months) but there feels like there's something in these reports. Even when Alonso's name was being touted about as the favourite for the job, Amorim's name was always mentioned as somebody in the mix and watching a statto's analysis of the way Sporting play, they suggested that alough the formation is different, there's a lot of similarities in terms of style of play between Sporting and ourselves.

I found myself watching the Sporting - Benfica match tonight which Sporting won 2-1 to move 4 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. If they go on to win the title it'll be 2 titles in 4 seasons for Amorim which is some achievement considering Sporting hadn't won the League in 19 years prior to his arrival.

Soldato
Reports linking Amorim with us have been picking up a fair bit in the last week, particularly those coming out of Portugal. I generally have a rule of never believing anything coming out of Portugal (if you believed them then Liverpool & Utd have signed 250 Portuguese based players each in the past 12 months) but there feels like there's something in these reports. Even when Alonso's name was being touted about as the favourite for the job, Amorim's name was always mentioned as somebody in the mix and watching a statto's analysis of the way Sporting play, they suggested that alough the formation is different, there's a lot of similarities in terms of style of play between Sporting and ourselves.

I found myself watching the Sporting - Benfica match tonight which Sporting won 2-1 to move 4 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. If they go on to win the title it'll be 2 titles in 4 seasons for Amorim which is some achievement considering Sporting hadn't won the League in 19 years prior to his arrival.
Not watched his games besides odd clip however from what ive read he does seem a good fit. The formation would be interesting if he played it with us to see how it worked out. It maybe a good thing and give our opposition something different to think about.

Soldato
As I said earlier in the thread, if alonso wasn't tearing it up in germany there would be a lot more chatter about him, ironic its taken alonso saying no thanks for there to be more focus on him.

Man of Honour
Seems that the Amorim rumours are picking up a lot of traction today. The guy who "leaked" the Nunez and Diaz signings has said that Amorim to Liverpool will be confirmed this week (3 year deal), £9m release fee to be paid.

Don
he's supposed to really highly rated as a manager, I've not seen too much of sporting this year myself, are they playing well?
I watched an hour of their match vs Benfica at the weekend and they cut them to bits on the counter in the 2nd half. Like us vs Utd they found a way to mess up most of them mind :o

Soldato
Sky and few others reporting agreement in principle done for Almorim
Is that the 'journo' that works for sky sports Germany jumping the gun? Don't think he's got the best track record, tweets a lot of ********- I think we'll get him but its not done to the degree he is saying

Don
All the stories are coming out of Portugal at the moment. Although it does feel more real this time, I'm always wary of believing Portuguese media. I suspect that the Liverpool press pack won't report much on this for a good few weeks - their info will be coming from Liverpool and I don't think the club will brief anything until Sporting have have their title wrapped up.

Soldato
Rumours that we're now out of the running for Amorim.

De Zerbi? Not a massive fan of his. I'd prefer Thomas Frank, I think.

I wonder whether Emery is an outside shot?

Don
Knew I shouldn't have gone against my instincts to never believe Portuguese media. If Amorim isn't our preferred target, god knows who is.

Back
Top Bottom