The Lion King (live action WD)

Soldato
They obviously re-csst the cast as it has been 25 years. I thought who could voice Mustafa better than James Earl Jones and discovered he is the only cast member to be invited back!

Soldato
Jungle book was great but never really been a big lion king fan I think structurally it's a weak film. Il be interested to see how the handle some of the more darker scenes but not jumping to watch this really.

Soldato
Lion King is one of my favourite animated movies ever, I saw it countless times as a kid and I still know most of the dialogue by heart. I got it on Bluray and watched it again last year and thought it was awesome and looks utterly gorgeous in HD.

Yet... I'm not interested in this at all. I don't see the point of it, the magic, the fun and performances will be lost. I've also discovered that the voices won't be the same. I mean, if James Earl Jones is doing Mufasa (rightly so!) why not Jeremy Irons as Scar? It doesn't make sense. And who the hell wants to hear Beyonce voice a character? Why not let an actual actress do it?

Jungle book was great but never really been a big lion king fan I think structurally it's a weak film. Il be interested to see how the handle some of the more darker scenes but not jumping to watch this really.

Interesting you say that - Jungle Book vs Lion King. I thought it was just me that preferred the Jungle Book and everyone else in the universe preferred the Lion King. You only have to step onto deviantART and it's full of Lion King fanfics.

Soldato
Seems a bit pointless making a 'live action' version of a cartoon movie when every character is still animated.

The only one of these live actioners I've seen was cindarella. It was pretty ordinary, but at least it had real people in it.

Soldato
I've got the impression these remakes have been good business for Disney despite being pretty much like-for-like at times: they get all the people who saw them as kids back via nostalgia, under the guise of taking their children to see them for the first time. Obviously I was under the thumb of controlled programming and limited channels as a child, but I didn't have much interest in seeing 20+ year old, dated looking cartoons back then and don't imagine the kids of today would either? We forget how old we are...

Soldato
At what point does a "live action" movie stop being "live action"? :p

Big year for Disney next year. Dumbo, Aladdin, The Lion King, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Artemis Fowl, Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Spiderman: Far From Home, and Star Wars IX. Quite an incredible run of movies, that.

Back
Top Bottom