The Machine Learning Thread

Soldato
Thought it would be good to have a thread on this.

For background, I'm a game AI programmer. So not really AI in what's the contemporary use of the word.

I did a Stanford course on ML a few years back and learned the fundamentals of neural networks, using Octave etc, so I have a decent grasp of the basics.

The frameworks and languages are a bit of a minefield.

Spent an evening looking at Tensorflow and got some the basic NIST image classification tutorials working. Initially just a basic python environment locally, but then a docker image using Jupyter, which seemed kinda neat.

As I'm interesting in expanding my employment options, I did some more reading, and seems like the industry is moving towards PyTorch, so I've ordered a couple of books to get to grips with it.

Short term I'm just wanting to get familiar with tools and frameworks. Then I want to start developing some AI agents in Unreal using reinforcement learning systems.

Caporegime
Thanks for starting the thread, wouldn't mind learning more myself (as a laymen), particularly as some of my work revolves around ML (fortunately my lack of knowledge in it is fine).

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom