The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
I remember watching Phil Jones playing for Blackburn against United. He was immense. Rampaging. However he never once showed that performance after he signed for United. We should have released him a long time ago.

Soldato
I still find it hilarious that he was given a new contract under Ole.

JLingz has been asked to sign a new one or a contract extension as well.

Anyway, what’s the general view of Sancho? Guy looks like he’s just come in from the youth (reserves, whatever they’re calling it now) team after having a couple of promising games to make up the numbers. £70m he cost, Ronaldo coming has certainly taken a lot of the spotlight off him.

Man of Honour
OP
Not worried about Sancho at this early stage. He's playing in a fairly disjointed team that isn't coached well, and this is a tougher league than Germany.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not worried about Sancho at this early stage. He's playing in a fairly disjointed team that isn't coached well, and this is a tougher league than Germany.

Exactly. I worry far more about wasting Ronaldo, Pogba etc having Ole as the manager than I do Sancho being a failure at this point.

Soldato
Exactly. I worry far more about wasting Ronaldo, Pogba etc having Ole as the manager than I do Sancho being a failure at this point.
But at least they ‘had a go’ yesterday, eh Ole. Can’t believe he said that, even if it is the Carabao Cup.

I know it’s early days for Sancho, but it would be nice to see some flashes of brilliance at least.

Associate
He is stronger on the right side, yet we keep playing him on the left.....there lies the problem I think, hardly giving the kit his best chance are we?

Soldato
He is stronger on the right side, yet we keep playing him on the left.....there lies the problem I think, hardly giving the kit his best chance are we?
It shouldn't matter left or right. I'm not worried as the kid has to settle in. It's a big move for him and it would easy to be slightly overwhelmed. One area where I think we can show some trust in Ole is how he has developed Greenwood. I'm really impressed by that lad, he's come on a ton in the last 12 months whether he's asked to play left , right or through the middle. HIs attitude since the England fiasco has been excellent and Cavani, Ronaldo can only help him more. He was barely on the pitch a minute when he made a movement and run that allowed a pass from vdBeek to set up a chance. Martial had laboured for an hour and not offered anything similar. Sancho just needs to keep learning and his time will come.

Associate
Some players simply cannot play both sides though....Greenwood is an exceptional talent that can.
If a young lad gets his dream move, then it is madness to not play him in his stronger position to give him the confidence needed to perform / impress / improve.
Ole needs to get this right, or he could destroy Sancho's progression, simple as that really.

Caporegime
Some players simply cannot play both sides though....Greenwood is an exceptional talent that can.
If a young lad gets his dream move, then it is madness to not play him in his stronger position to give him the confidence needed to perform / impress / improve.
Ole needs to get this right, or he could destroy Sancho's progression, simple as that really.

He played on the right vs Young Boys, did nothing for 38 minutes and was subbed off.

Caporegime
He did..but he needs a run of games in his strongest position imo to give him some much needed confidence.
Unfair to play him there once and judge him on that single performance.

I understand what you're saying but honestly, getting hold of the ball and running forward it doesn't really matter what side if the pitch you're on.

He's just not looked great at it.

Soldato
I'm not convinced by Sancho either tbh. I suspect we over paid for someone to that's not suited to our style of play, assuming we have a style...

Man of Honour
OP
He's basically Walcott with better passing ability if you ask me

Absolutely not. Walcott's main attribute was his speed, Sancho is more of a link up player, less speed, more fluid on the ball, far better passing, etc.

Unfortunately, he's better suited to playing in a defined system, something we don't have - at all.

Soldato
Absolutely not. Walcott's main attribute was his speed, Sancho is more of a link up player, less speed, more fluid on the ball, far better passing, etc.

Unfortunately, he's better suited to playing in a defined system, something we don't have - at all.

Just going by what I see. Not convinced to date but let's see how things unfold

Associate
Still 2 many players at united not good enough, Fred and Mc Tominay in the spine of the team at midfield just simply doesnt cut it, yet Ole has the biggest hard on for them, disgrace the way some players have been treated i think Romero done little wrong as a goalkeeper and van de beek hardly gets a look in, Ole just looks to be a very ordinary manager

Back
Top Bottom