US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
She is a complete idiot. She had a choice of A) a cushy job with Disney money and a career in acting that would have set her up for life or B) **** posting on the internet and she chose B.

Shame as liked her character.

Soldato
No great loss is it really. Come on. She was the worst part about the show across both seasons. Now she's blown it and any future opportunities that may have been coming her way.

She's just another ones of the dummies out there on social media, this one just happened to fight professionally and fell in to acting.

Caporegime
No great loss is it really. Come on. She was the worst part about the show across both seasons. Now she's blown it and any future opportunities that may have been coming her way.

She's just another ones of the dummies out there on social media, this one just happened to fight professionally and fell in to acting.
I think she got hit in the head a few too many times. She’s not exactly fighting weight any more either, but I cannot talk, I think I was maybe ‘fighting weight’ last in my early 20’s!

Soldato

A lot of people considered her a fan favourite. There was talk that Pedro Pascal was annoyed that he wasn't allowed to show his face, and so it was becoming the Cara Dune show. People liked her and her portrayal of a strong female character.

Soldato
Ronda to replace her might be a back step in acting ability tho.
I think she got hit in the head a few too many times. She’s not exactly fighting weight any more either, but I cannot talk, I think I was maybe ‘fighting weight’ last in my early 20’s!
You can get cancelled for fat shaming yo. :p

Caporegime
A lot of people considered her a fan favourite. There was talk that Pedro Pascal was annoyed that he wasn't allowed to show his face, and so it was becoming the Cara Dune show. People liked her and her portrayal of a strong female character.
Oh it should be another female character absolutely.

Soldato
Absolute lol at the thread clean up. All that effort put in by @pc-guy and it all just gets wiped.

Have a word with Disney if you don't like politics front and centre of entertainment. It's clearly part of the show when KK is involved in any way.

Soldato
I dont mind the cleaning up. some of posts by some people on this forum are clearly of concern. shouldn't be public viewing in any event.

her ridance is clearly a win-win for disney. probably deep fake her face and kill her charactor and replace her with another. recasting would be a bit weird.

create a new female character can't be hard in star war universe.

Soldato
LOL, i got weight to fight if that is a thing. lock down and shows like Mando has not done anything good for me!

Soldato
Her sacking is not really a suprise, especially who runs LA only for Dave and John she would have been fired ages ago.
Heck if LA employees can openly Mock cancer survivors crying over Luke return it's says it all really.

Soldato
I actually liked the idea of the character and had high hopes for it but I just found her acting a little on the wooden side, which tended to bring down the calibre of the show.

I'd like to see the character recast though if the its demise meant more from Ahsoka Tano or Timothy Olyphant's character then I'd happily take that.

Soldato
Also it might be over and it might not be over. This might have more to do with the struggle that's going on in LA. The fan backlash has been pretty huge and LA simply not applying social media rules equally to all employees. Not talking about Pedro here he's pretty tame compared to other employees lol.

They probably ask her to apologize but I can't see her doing that also so who knows

Associate
I actually liked the idea of the character and had high hopes for it but I just found her acting a little on the wooden side, which tended to bring down the calibre of the show.

I'd like to see the character recast though if the its demise meant more from Ahsoka Tano or Timothy Olyphant's character then I'd happily take that.

Ahsoka is getting her own show anyway, it's only whatever show Cara Dune was meant for that's got a problem (the rumour mill seems to flip flop between her being part of that Rangers of the New Republic or if there was another unannounced spin off she was to headline).

But we have another perfectly good marshall character on the shelf already, and if it's a female lead they want instead Dave Filoni has a track record of creating decent ones, they just need to be performed by someone whose skill set goes beyond "angry look" and "slightly less angry look".

Soldato
Ahsoka is getting her own show anyway,

Well she was, until Rosario Dawson gets cancelled for "being a TERF".

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/03/rosario-dawson-called-transphobic-sp1/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...ks-backlash-amid-mandalorian-role/6466149002/

and because she has dared to fight back against these accusations (see below) the Twitter mob are absolutely coming for her next now they've "got" Gina -

Associate
I would prefer them to recast rather than write the character out, i quite liked her story.
I could also see them sacking off "the mandalorian" now and just coming up with another spinoff.
They could just pivot the cast, crew and stories onto the "bobba" show.
Pedro wasnt happy about the screen time anyway and hes now got TLOU.

Soldato
Pedro had plenty screen time just not with face on the screen. It is a strange character theme.

but then boba fett never ever too his helmet off in the original Star Wars and that character is legendary.

the guy got stuck in R2D2 and that bloke who acted for Darth Vader all didn’t have their faces show but all legendary characters...does it boost these actors careers - harder to say.

but Pedro is different. He s a well done actor. Although his part in Wonder Woman and we can be heroes are pretty shoddy. He needs to be careful and pick his roles better. Otherwise he will burn out and an actor in a helmet is a lot easier to replace.

Soldato
Well I'm glad she's gone from the show as for me she was the weak link in the cog when it came to acting.

This for me. Not withstanding that when you're working for a family focused channel you just don't even go down the "Nazi's didn't do all the bad things" route irrespective of how ambiguous your comments are.

Either way I thought she was a meaningless character played by a wooden actor who just happens to be bat **** crazy, no loss really.

Back
Top Bottom