The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
Arteta/edu need to pull something like this off before the end of transfer window

got to be ine of the most surprising/shock transfers ever in the prem league?

july 2001 press comference is called by arsenal media told you might want to bring photographers

In walks david dein, wenger and sol campbell with cheesiest grins

no one anywhere had any idea arsenal were signing campbells from out big rivals

was :D:D the rest is history :cool:

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...onference-itn-england-news-footage/1045473992

fez

fez

Caporegime
Arteta is a poor mans Ole and he has about 1/10th of the budget and started with a worse squad. Arsenal need a top class manager to get any sort of song out of this squad and even then I think there are 5 better squads in the league than Arsenal currently.

Unfortunately as the other big clubs have progressed, Arsenal have fallen by the way and they are really going to struggle to get back into regularly getting CL football without some big changes. They are going through a United style crisis after their long term manager left but they don't have the funds to just keep trying to spend their way out of it.

I like Arsenal so it would be good to see them back near the top. Its also good for the league.

Soldato
Arteta is a poor mans Ole and he has about 1/10th of the budget and started with a worse squad. Arsenal need a top class manager to get any sort of song out of this squad and even then I think there are 5 better squads in the league than Arsenal currently.

Unfortunately as the other big clubs have progressed, Arsenal have fallen by the way and they are really going to struggle to get back into regularly getting CL football without some big changes. They are going through a United style crisis after their long term manager left but they don't have the funds to just keep trying to spend their way out of it.

I like Arsenal so it would be good to see them back near the top. Its also good for the league.
Damm.even worse than ole!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Won a trophy?

Thats a weird metric. By that logic you should always hire a manager who has won any sort of trophy over one that hasn't.

Its such a strange way to rate managers. Take Poch for example. People say he never won anything with Tottenham as if winning one of the domestic cups would have been more of an achievement than getting to the CL final. Yes, I'm sure Spurs could have won some domestic cups under Poch if they ignored the league and CL more. Why would they do that though.

As we saw with England in the Euros as well, your draw in knockout competitions can make a massive difference. I wouldn't think Southgate was any better as a manager if he had limped to the Euros trophy on penalties against Italy. Hes still ****.

Man of Honour
One of the issues with Arteta is it looks like for whatever reason he may have 'fallings out' with certain players, not necessarily a big beef but basically decides he doesn't fancy X and then that's it, they are done.
Ozil was in the team before lockdown1, sort of a redemption following the end of Emery's rein, and then completely cast aside for project restart.
Torreira is out of favour, despite being our best holding midfielder.
Auba/Laca, you never quite know what to believe with all these rumours about Barca, but regardless he doesn't seem to get the best out of them. I don't see how Barca could afford Auba anyway, he's not going to take a pay cut.

Back
Top Bottom