The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
And how is ozil and abameyang different? We also wanted to build a team around them...
Come on, surely you can see that. Martinelli and Saka are 2 top class young players who are hungry in a team who have a slight chance of doing something special, at minimum you'd think they'd have champions league next season. Ozil and Auba were at the twilight of their careers with no resale value and the team having no real chance of reaching the top 4 let alone challenging. Saka was one of the best players in the world cup and is consistently one of our best players across the last 2 seasons. Martinelli is also one of our best players of the last 2 seasons and is only going to get better. These are exactly the sort of players we need to tie down to long contracts and even if they want out later down the line they will have real value. Letting them go on a free would be ridiculous business.

Last edited:
Soldato
No ones suggesting letting him go, they are suggesting that 200k is a a lot to be paying a 21 year old with 17 goals in his career and someone who's never topped 6 in a season. Not saying he doesnt have potential, ofcourse he does.

He'd be on more then the likes of Trent and Alisson using Liverpool as an example.

Soldato
Clearly we're desperate to tie them down and I can't really blame us. Forwards always usually get paid more. Anyway, the point is, this is nothing like Auba / Ozil.

Last edited:
Soldato
No ones suggesting letting him go, they are suggesting that 200k is a a lot to be paying a 21 year old with 17 goals in his career and someone who's never topped 6 in a season. Not saying he doesnt have potential, ofcourse he does.

He'd be on more then the likes of Trent and Alisson using Liverpool as an example.
Thank you. Well said.
Is trent on 200k wages?

Soldato
He's also a defender. If Liverpool made an offer for Saka you can bet they'd be offering around 200-250k for his wages. No one is saying it isn't a lot of money, everyone is saying it's nothing like Auba and Ozil.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I swear Liverpool are doing something dodgy. Trent and Robertson are vital to Liverpool so should be earning a massive wage. There must be heavy performance incentives if either of them are earning under £200k/week.

As to giving Martinelli £200k/week, I think that much of this comes down to contract situations. Players are much happier these days to run down their contracts and leave for nothing and get paid a massive salary elsewhere. If you have a good player who is playing really well and they only have a year or two left on their contract you have two options. Risk losing them for nothing, risk having to pay even more further down the line when they know that they have better offers on the table elsewhere due to their contract situation or pay them what they want now and hope they continue their form or even improve on it.

Soldato
Nigh on, he’s on 180k a week and signed the contract last year.
And before he got that salary he had proven himself and won the league and champions league vs saka and Co who have not come close to winning either...

That's my point.

Saka and co have not smelled the same breath as trent etc.

Just because we finally beat Liverpool after 100 attempts in the league and are top of the table after 15 games. All of a sudden half our squad should be on 200k? Lol sorry no

Soldato
I swear Liverpool are doing something dodgy. Trent and Robertson are vital to Liverpool so should be earning a massive wage. There must be heavy performance incentives if either of them are earning under £200k/week.

As to giving Martinelli £200k/week, I think that much of this comes down to contract situations. Players are much happier these days to run down their contracts and leave for nothing and get paid a massive salary elsewhere. If you have a good player who is playing really well and they only have a year or two left on their contract you have two options. Risk losing them for nothing, risk having to pay even more further down the line when they know that they have better offers on the table elsewhere due to their contract situation or pay them what they want now and hope they continue their form or even improve on it.
Or risk giving them 200k now and force to sell them anyway for cheap or for nothing (ozil and Aubameyang).

If saka and co are desperate to sign now and only for 200k, I say **** em. I'd tell them we will give u close to that if you actually help sustain the team in competing with city until the end of the season or you can go do one.

My motto is prove yourself and then get rewarded. Not the reverse...

Soldato
It our 2 best players not half the squad. Why on earth would we sell them for cheap or nothing? They aren't 32+ are they. But yeah lets just say **** you and make them not want to play for us. They are 2 of the most coveted young players in the world.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
And before he got that salary he had proven himself and won the league and champions league vs saka and Co who have not come close to winning either...

That's my point.

Saka and co have not smelled the same breath as trent etc.

Just because we finally beat Liverpool after 100 attempts in the league and are top of the table after 15 games. All of a sudden half our squad should be on 200k? Lol sorry no
Overall, you are pretty clueless Johnny. Either that or you are just a complete troll.

If we let these players go. Every bit of hard work we’ve done in the past 3 years to get to this point will count for nothing.

And I don’t give a **** if we get a lot of money for them, I don’t want to lose them from the squad and then just watch as they tear it up at one of our rivals. I’ve suffered that too much in the past.

Soldato
He's also a defender. If Liverpool made an offer for Saka you can bet they'd be offering around 200-250k for his wages. No one is saying it isn't a lot of money, everyone is saying it's nothing like Auba and Ozil.
Liverpool are a tried and proven side. Been competing with the very best over the last 5 plus years and got that cl money to boot so they can offer saka more.

But if Liverpool fall into being a average side, you think they can still give players 200k plus? Lol

Soldato
Overall, you are pretty clueless Johnny. Either that or you are just a complete troll.

If we let these players go. Every bit of hard work we’ve done in the past 3 years to get to this point will count for nothing.

And I don’t give a **** if we get a lot of money for them, I don’t want to lose them from the squad and then just watch as they tear it up at one of our rivals. I’ve suffered that too much in the past.
Sorry but just because I have a different opinion to you don't mean I'm a troll.

I don't call you a troll etc just because you have a different opinion then me.

Cut that crap out

Soldato
It's funny reading the debates about which players are on 180k vs 200k a week wages. Just repeat that to yourself and let it sink in. Debating 20k difference...per...week. My heart bleeds for them truly when they have to play football for an extra game to match the top paid players of the world. When you earn more in a week than the average salary in the UK 10 times over, you'd think it would become less relevant, but here we are.

With regard to the debate above though, Arsenal will have to pay to keep the young guns unfortunately. It's just how top flight football is now. It's often not even the players wanting more of that money. It's their agents wanting commission, pushing them to force higher paid contracts surely. Money talks, and complicates things. Arsenal still need to make some additions to the squad anyway to cover future injuries and suspensions.

All we keep hearing this season is how City will reel us in. The match against City might not even matter in Feb given our current lead and if we can keep winning. But in terms of a statement and belief, it's obviously huge. We just need to take one game at a time, and keep playing the way we are. Disciplinary wise, we seem to have much better control now even with Xhaka. His partnership with Party looks solid. The chemistry across the team is high. It's exciting times for gunners finally after a patient wait.

On Nketiah, I was impressed with him the other night against West Ham. As much as he plays it down, he's under a lot of pressure there to come in and deliver. His first couple of chances he looked less clinical and seemed to do that thing where he went too casual in front of goal. But in terms of his touch, movement, hold up and turns, he looked good. His goal was really well taken too. Pleased for him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm bored. Literally no point continuing this.
Its like i am forbidden to have a different option and view.

I never once called you or anyone trolls or idiots etc etc just because you did not share the same view and opinion from me.

Its absolutely crazy how you will now potentially put me on ignore list or whatever just because I did not agree with you.

I mean wow just wow.

Will you feel better if I just said, hey everyone. Apologies but you was right. Saka and co should get 200k right now?

Soldato
You completely ignore everything anyone says who disagrees with you, just repeat yourself over and over. I've not ignored you or called you anything just given up on the conversation as it's only 1 way.

Soldato
You completely ignore everything anyone says who disagrees with you, just repeat yourself over and over. I've not ignored you or called you anything just given up on the conversation as it's only 1 way.
I have not ignored you or others. I have counter argued with new points that have not been addressed.

I am not sure what else you want me to do? Do you want me to just agree with everything you and some others here say and shut my mouth?

Back
Top Bottom