The New Cases Gallery

I did have a HAF 922 previously and this case has dropped my CPU temps by about 2 degrees, nothing huge but the drop is still there. The HAF with the fans maxed out was cooler but it sounded liked a wind turbine... this is quieter than the HAF at its quietest and very very cool at the same time!. The cable management behind it was a right PITA though :p.

Thanks for the neatness comments, took me awhile :).

Old and New

OLD:

intel core2 duo e5300, 2 Gb of ram, nvidia 8600gt
l_070ac6ae953b42d090cd765abead4a88.jpg

NEW:

Core i7 920 @ 3.8, 12 Gb of ram, hd5770

l_488c6823777a45f5a53c5157c2407c44.jpg

I'm still not totally satisfied with the cable management, but it's a real pain in the ***se to get those thick cables from the Tt PSU hidden.
I've ordered some cable ties, velcro ties and some black spiral wrap which I hope will help getting me around redoing some of the cable arrangement - especially for the graphicscards, as I know I can't have those cables running around the back (then the side case lid can't close), but hopefully with the velcroties I can arrange in a "snake" like spiral in the bottom going around the little 80mm fan. You can see that the lower backplate "cut out" is totally covered by the powersupply ,hence cables can't go that way around.
I also ordered a sleved 8pin atx extension cable (30cm) so I hopefully can get that cable running along the backplate - there should be enough clearance for that. Also I ordered a bit of green Lazer leds etc for a bit light in the "housing".
I'll get all the fixed and done when the 3rd EVGA GTX470 SC card arrives around june 2nd (when it's back in stock).
HPIM1984Large.jpg

HPIM1985Large.jpg

HPIM1989Large.jpg

HPIM1993Large.jpg

I have an Aerocool Touch 1000 fan controller, but I'm not sure whether or not to mount it since I like the clean front look of the case.

Last edited:
Antec300 too? Im sure theres much more to do and im happy to chop it up lol.

Aye Antec 300. You just need a 25mm hole saw (a 20mm would probably be better but it was all I had), and a range of drill bits!

I did a couple of holes at 13mm, so they need drilling with a pilot drill first.

Cheers Guys

Thanks for the comments

I did actually think about the apache fans but decided to keep it clean looking.

This is actually the second mod of the skeleton I've done, the other (below) was my first ever attempt at modding of any sort. As you've probably gathered I really love working on this case.

Photo0557.jpg

Photo0548.jpg

Photo0545.jpg

Currently working on "project car boot" which is a real bargain basement build. then i'm gonna need something else to get my teeth into.

Last edited:
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Dominator. Sounds like a jet plane when playing games so I just use my headphones.

First few are when I tried the radiator at the top but it didn't work out so I put it at the back, drawing air in.

Second half are from the other day when I bought another 260 black from abitar here on the forums.

Cat is optional ask OcUK Staff for details, you'll be surprised what they can do.

boxcat.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11-1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

bedcat.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

The power cables for the GPUs remind me of HR Giger Aliens :D

Criticise away!

Excuse me for posting afew more shots.

They are at least better shots of the insides!

Also excuse that 4870, the 5870 is worming its way through the RMA process still :(.

Last edited:
Just completed a minor mod to my Antec 300. I drilled loads of holes, removed the HDD bays, reverse mounted the HDDs in the empty optical bays and added in an old PSU case to pack the trailing cables inside.

I also changed the 4670 for a 5830 in between these pics and chucked out the standard fans, and added a 140mm Xigmatek White LED in the roof and 2 120s in the front.

Before:

IMGP1664.jpg

After:

IMGP2330.jpg

IMGP2331.jpg

Jobs still to do are add another 5830, and spray it up! I fancy upgrading the PSU aswell really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom