*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
New side panel done. For a first timer and with hughe thanks and help from my little brother I think it's a fine result. :)
At the very top left there's some honey comb cuts left from the original panel where the fan mount was. We had to leave a bit there to get some few mm's left so we could put silicone on the backside to make the plexiglass bind. However I'm planning to buy some matt enamel paint (I though I had more but it was all dryed up), to touch up the edges so they don't look so rough.
I also added a new NZXT Sentry Mesh fancontroller to the front, and it looks super and flows great with the existing mesh front. :)

IMG_6169Custom.jpg

IMG_6197Custom.jpg

IMG_6196Custom.jpg

IMG_6194Custom.jpg

IMG_6189Custom-1.jpg

IMG_6243Custom.jpg

IMG_4253Custom.jpg

IMG_4237Custom.jpg

IMG_4265Custom.jpg

IMG_4252Custom.jpg

IMG_4251Custom.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gripen,
I really would suggest getting a better case pal, you've got a killer spec system but it looks a mess in that case.

There's plenty of great cases out there with good cable management and space.

Associate
Gripen,
I really would suggest getting a better case pal, you've got a killer spec system but it looks a mess in that case.

There's plenty of great cases out there with good cable management and space.

I know there are a lot of newer cases with better cable management options. My other PC has an Aerocool XPredator X3 case and it has decent cut outs etc. (It's the first PC in this thread with pictures).
The problem is that there are so many cases and none really appeal visually to me other than the old CM 690 series cases with rounder edges etc. Even the CM 690 II and CM 690 III cases I don't like that much. If CM 690 III comes in a nVidia edition some day I might consider it. I'm simply in love with the neon green and black on the CM 690 nvidia edition case. When I first saw it in 2008 it was my "dream case" - I got it in 2009 and still I love this case very much. The PSU is a bit too long an the cables are thick so they can't go around the motherboard tray. But I'm not concerned as long as they are tugged away from the line of airflow.
I actually have a Corsair Air 540 case standing ... while the hardware would look great in there, I really don't like the overall looks of the case. That made me go ahead and make a new side panel for the CM 690.

Last edited:
Associate
yer i was not a fan on the qick swap drives did not like the look of the case, so i cut them out and added some holes for the rad

V_R

V_R

Soldato
They the Orange Bitfenix cables? I've got the same MB and have been toying with the idea of getting some.. Looks nice. :)

Associate
With natural light I thought it was too clean and almost boring (testament to your build and cable management as much as anything else!), however once the LEDs are lighting it up it really comes together. Like that a lot.

Back
Top Bottom