*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
doesnt look like your gpu is getting good airflow though, what are the temps like?

Theres a bit more room than you'd think from the pic. I've set target temperature to 85c and the fans spin about 900rpm so airflow is good enough. I did think about getting a gpu with 120mm AIO but then I'd have to swap out the 280 for a 240

Associate
Theres a bit more room than you'd think from the pic. I've set target temperature to 85c and the fans spin about 900rpm so airflow is good enough. I did think about getting a gpu with 120mm AIO but then I'd have to swap out the 280 for a 240

well tbh, if things got that bad it would be easier to get a new case that supports what you need and has good space.. better than replacing your gpu and downsizing to a 240 :p

and what do you mean by target temp? is that where your gpu fans spin faster to maintain that temp?

Associate
well tbh, if things got that bad it would be easier to get a new case that supports what you need and has good space.. better than replacing your gpu and downsizing to a 240 :p

and what do you mean by target temp? is that where your gpu fans spin faster to maintain that temp?

Yeah, I have the target set high so fans spin as slow as necessary. 85c sounds high but I don't think it will affect the longevity of the gpu and I like the silence. I downsized from a full tower ATX, and wanted to keep the 280 rad which is why I went for this case. Need small case for Uni in sept

Associate
Yeah, I have the target set high so fans spin as slow as necessary. 85c sounds high but I don't think it will affect the longevity of the gpu and I like the silence. I downsized from a full tower ATX, and wanted to keep the 280 rad which is why I went for this case. Need small case for Uni in sept

ah fair enough, and yeah 85 did sound high :p i have a 970 and not seen it go beyond 65c and with the fan curve i have set it only spins around 40-50% at that temp.. which is around 900-1000 rpm so not loud at all
also depending on the card, some of them can work until 100c so you should be fine.. aslong as there is no throttling i can see it being a problem

sGNySf6h.jpg AR4EOLlh.jpg fAUfVmgh.jpg fCcaghSh.jpg E6jw6enh.jpg

Hi folks - this is my first post on the overclockers forum! Here are some pics of my current build! Let us know what you think?

Caselabs SMA8, ROG Crosshair 6 Hero, AMD Ryzen 1800k, Samsung M2 125GB.
GPU wise I've got 2 x 980 TI's in SLI. Alphacool 480mm rad on top for the CPU. 560mm Hardware labs black ice nemesis for the bottom - to cool the GPU's

Storage wise - got Samsung 850 500GB SSD and Samsung 2 TB HDD

More to follow!!

Last edited:
Not a patch on many here ... I still need to straighten the cables out a little, make a custom sticker for the PSU and add a touch more lighting.

I cheated on the other side ...

Not a patch on many here ... I still need to straighten the cables out a little, make a custom sticker for the PSU and add a touch more lighting.

I cheated on the other side ...

Great Build

Associate
Decided to downsize my PC from a Corsair 600t which was showing its age and rather grubby to a Phanteks 400p Tempered Glass. Really please with the results. the 400p is great value and so easy to build into;

IMG_9391_zpsayvfqfpn.jpg

IMG_9393_zps432b8trg.jpg

IMG_9365_zpsidalofzl.jpg

IMG_9364_zpscby2b4bi.jpg

file5_zpsc7fdzrjx.jpeg

Associate
@Christopher Hendrie Very good first post :p always loved that case and the setup looks very nice so far, lets see what the final build is like :D

@martin nice clean looking setup, its a shame the psu shroud isnt black to match the rest of the case though.. but otherwise very nice!

Associate
@Christopher Hendrie Very good first post :p always loved that case and the setup looks very nice so far, lets see what the final build is like :D

@martin nice clean looking setup, its a shame the psu shroud isnt black to match the rest of the case though.. but otherwise very nice!

I chose the Black / White option because the white 'colours up' to the colour of the LED, and I like mix. there is a Black / Black option available, or Black / Red, or White / Black. Just personal preference in the end.

Associate
I chose the Black / White option because the white 'colours up' to the colour of the LED, and I like mix. there is a Black / Black option available, or Black / Red, or White / Black. Just personal preference in the end.

ah i see it now, from the lighting in the first pic it looks a bit like the steel colour you get on the cheaper cases.. looks better now i see it as white lol
but as you said personal preference, i would have gone black/black :p

Associate
ah i see it now, from the lighting in the first pic it looks a bit like the steel colour you get on the cheaper cases.. looks better now i see it as white lol
but as you said personal preference, i would have gone black/black :p

I debated between them for a couple of weeks to be honest, my daughter already has the grey 400p which I used as reference (and fingermarks terribly). I decided that the black/black was just too dark for me. My 600t was white (whitish after 6 years!), so anything after that looks dark!! I already had the white fans on the cooler so decided the white would work with them. I do like the way the LED colour reflects off the white power shroud though, and when off, the glass is tinted so dark you can hardly see inside the case anyway. It is a cheaper case, but amazing value for money for what you get I think. In the end, my uses for the PC have changed and a smaller neater box works well for me now.

IMG_9385_zpsbwjnec7a.jpg

IMG_3464_zps57c5f54a.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
just thought i would share a couple of pics of the budget bitfenix nova. PC is for Office only, mostly parts i had.. core2duo @ 3ghz, 8gb Corsair DDR3, Nvidia GT610 GPU (or 710).

The new Parts from OCUK were
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £126.67
(includes shipping: £11.70)

I think its a nice budget case, easy to buil, probably due to the minimum components. However if you were careful with your build list see no reason why a mid/high end system wouldnt fit. I havnt tkae a pic yet with the cover on, but you cant see the cables as they are to the right of the window. will take another pic when its install in its final location

rHwLVTn.jpg
Dd1iUlK.jpg
86ygykk.jpg

Caporegime
Recently finished my latest build in a black/orange NZXT H440. Wanted a downsize from my BitFenix Shinobi XL, and managed to fit more watercooling (2x360 rads)into the H440 than I did the BitFenix!

IMG_20170402_141222.jpg

IMG_20170402_180316.jpg

IMG_20170402_180334.jpg

IMG_20170402_180409.jpg

IMG_20170402_180458.jpg

IMG_20170404_062052.jpg

Associate
@orbitalwalsh it would look much better if you switch that sticker on the ssd so its facing the right way and try to mount the cpu cooler so the wording isnt upside down too, maybe just me being OCD but it would bug the hell out of me! haha

Associate
Hi folks - this is my first post on the overclockers forum! Here are some pics of my current build! Let us know what you think?

Caselabs SMA8, ROG Crosshair 6 Hero, AMD Ryzen 1800k, Samsung M2 125GB.
GPU wise I've got 2 x 980 TI's in SLI. Alphacool 480mm rad on top for the CPU. 560mm Hardware labs black ice nemesis for the bottom - to cool the GPU's

Storage wise - got Samsung 850 500GB SSD and Samsung 2 TB HDD

More to follow!!

How did you get hold of this case? i cant even order it via caselabs!

Back
Top Bottom