The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Did you get stung with any import tax/fees? Tempted.

Nope, the Duty/Tax threshold is £135. This is $99 USD, comes to about £90 so way under. I even got a money pouch thing too for $19 (although there is no surface inside this bag for the velcro to cling onto, so I'm using that money pouch inside my Tenba instead)

Associate
Nope, the Duty/Tax threshold is £135. This is $99 USD, comes to about £90 so way under. I even got a money pouch thing too for $19 (although there is no surface inside this bag for the velcro to cling onto, so I'm using that money pouch inside my Tenba instead)
Sweet. Have ordered. My 15L Peak Design sling really frustrates me so hoping this will serve me far better.

Caporegime
Sweet. Have ordered. My 15L Peak Design sling really frustrates me so hoping this will serve me far better.

I am taking it to Morocco for a week from tomorrow, packed and ready!

I like the fact that the strap is detachable, so I can replace it with something else if I want to. the 10L PD sling can't do that.

What colour did you get? I must admit I wanted the brown so bad but thought black is just more discrete.

Last edited:
Associate
I am taking it to Morocco for a week from tomorrow, packed and ready!

I like the fact that the strap is detachable, so I can replace it with something else if I want to. the 10L PD sling can't do that.

What colour did you get? I must admit I wanted the brown so bad but thought black is just more discrete.
Went for the black, same reason in that its more discrete. Let us know how it fares during your Morocco trip, look forward to receiving mine.

Caporegime
Went for the black, same reason in that its more discrete. Let us know how it fares during your Morocco trip, look forward to receiving mine.

I have used it a few times when walking into town already, here are a couple of things I've noticed.

1 - I've added a carabiner to the outside in one of the unused loop for the strap. As there are 4 strap anchor points, 2 on each side. This allows me to hook onto random things like a baseball cap.
2 - The "secret" compartment is FANTASTIC, even I forget it's there. Great place to put some spare cash.
3 - The zips are both easy to open and hard to open. You need to grip something in order for it to open or the whole fabric moves with it, this is mainly for the main compartment. Which is a good thing since harder or pickpockets to open it with 1 hand.
4 - I find although not technically a camera bag, it has enough padding for an X100VI in case of a fall. Especially if you place some items in the pockets.
5 - I bought this leather pouch for coins from Etsy for £4.99 which works great to keep changes when on holiday. It's really nice actually, strong metal spring latches on the side to close it back up.

Back
Top Bottom