The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Only ordered today so pictures later on but just ordered!

Canon EF 70-200mm f4.0L USM (£449!!!!!)
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Tiffen 52mm UV Protector Filter
2 of Tiffen 58 mm UV Protector Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Canon BG-E8 Battery Grip for EOS 550D Digital SLR Camera

The F4 70-200 is next on my list .. still undecided on IS or non-IS though.

Soldato
Yeah I didn't need the IS due to me shooting WRC Pictures -Though do like the idea of the F2.8 but I'm not at that level to see much difference :p

I wouldn't get the 2.8 because of the increase in size and weight (oh, and the slight increase in price ;)), but the IS/non-IS toss up is a bigger head scratcher.

Associate
I wouldn't get the 2.8 because of the increase in size and weight (oh, and the slight increase in price ;)), but the IS/non-IS toss up is a bigger head scratcher.

It is! I'm looking purchase the 70-200 f/4 L but i dont know if i want IS. Apparently it allows you to shoot 4 stops lower, thing is I want IS but not USM :/

Soldato
The 70-200mm IS offers more than just IS, it's a totally different optical design than the non-IS, making it sharper and has weather sealing too. It was the sharpest 70-200mm you could buy before Canon released the 2.8II.

I own one, it's great. I was weighing up between it and the 2.8 non-IS at the time as they're similar money.

*Edit* SeraphX - 17-50mm f/2.8 :D

Soldato
http://www.velbon.co.uk/products/photo/sherpa_555R.html

I took delivery of this today

Sherpa_555R_01.jpg

initial impressions..... build quality is very good and it fits perfectly into the tripod carry attachment on my slingshot 302

Associate
Ordered the following
Canon 50mm F1.8 II
Canon 20-35mm F3.5/4.5 Ultrasonic
Hoya ND8 to go with the 20-35mm lens

I will post some pics up once everything has arrived. :D

Man of Honour
After a long search I've finally tracked down one of these in the states:

photo-Hasselblad-503cw-6692.jpg

Should be with me in a week or two now. I almost bought a vanilla CWD instead but the back in the CWD 'kit' is old tech now and I'll grab a second hand Phase back sometime instead. Besides it's yellow (and exceptionally rare).

I'm curious now as to whether anybody here will appreciate the beauty of this thing...

Soldato

photo-Hasselblad-503cw-6692.jpg

Should be with me in a week or two now. I almost bought a vanilla CWD instead but the back in the CWD 'kit' is old tech now and I'll grab a second hand Phase back sometime instead. Besides it's yellow (and exceptionally rare).

I'm curious now as to whether anybody here will appreciate the beauty of this thing...

That looks ace! I'd have that set up on a tripod even when not in use :D

Soldato

-snip-

So much for being conspicuous :D

Did they actually come in yellow or is it a modification? Oh, and you can't accuse us of not appreciating the beauty of it while you're talking about dirtying such majesty by converting it to digital! ;)

Associate
Hi all, just getting back into photography, have a Sony a200 with kit lens 18mm - 70mm. Just bought a cheapie grip for it. I'll get a picture of it for a later post but I have to say I'm now loving my camera with the grip (never liked using it before). Also looking into a flash too, nothing special, just want something better than the built in flash.

Back
Top Bottom