• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The next gen xxnm GPU thread.

Soldato
Still no news from GF about a high power process... I wonder if AMD switched to TSMC. They did mysteriously pop up in the client list lately.

Caporegime
Your headline isn't quite what the article says:

As expected, Nvidia’s high-end graphics processor that belongs to the “Pascal” family will feature an all-new architecture....

...next-generation high-end graphics cards with “Pascal” GPUs will sport up to 16GB of HBM2 with up to 1TB/s bandwidth. Previously Nvidia expected select solutions with “Pascal” graphics processors to feature up to 32GB of HBM2.

All this tells us is what to expect in Titan and perhaps the 1080/ti.

Reading between the lines, you could come to any number of conclusions about the low-mid range cards. Like not all of them using HBM.

e: in fact if that article is correct, I'd say the wording makes it /clear/ that not all Pascal cards use HBM2. It even sheds some doubt over whether they are all going to be new cards, or if some rebrands/refreshes will end up in the 10xx series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bringing back the thread.

Here's what Ashraf says about Intel & TSMC next few years (includes codenames of all 10nm Intel chips):

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...e-name-of-intels-third-10-nanometer-chip.aspx

As pertains to GPUs, he says TSMC will have volume manufacturing of 7nm in H1 2018. Wonder what AMD & NV will be releasing that year.

Strange to think we will be talking about 5nm in just a couple of years. That is the last node unless somebody proves 3nm can be done.

Last edited:
Associate
According to the list... there's been no news since October? So I guess that recent AMD demo of small Polaris vs a GTX950 was just a fake then? Or perhaps there's no solid article to be linked, if so then fair enough.

Soldato
According to the list... there's been no news since October? So I guess that recent AMD demo of small Polaris vs a GTX950 was just a fake then? Or perhaps there's no solid article to be linked, if so then fair enough.

The thread was forgotten about until now.

Back
Top Bottom